Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sound Ordnance B-8PT Install

Old 09-02-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Ordnance B-8PT Install

I have the stock sound system (non-infinity), factory head unit (single CD), and installed a self-powered 8" sub under the seat (Sound Ordnance B-8PT). I wanted to keep the factory head unit. I'm not usually a fan of aftermarket units because they attract attention to thieves and typically look a little out of place when installed.

I used a LOC (line output converter) picked up from a local car audio place, to tap into the front speaker wires coming out of the factory radio harness behind the head unit. I just used some suitcase connectors to avoid any soldering.

I tapped into the blue/purple wire coming out of the drivers cigarette lighter for remote turn on.

I ran the RCAs down from the loc and along the middle console.

I ran the (+) power along the drivers side by the door and up through a hole i found with some black gummy stuff covering it (my jeep is an auto).

I was going to use the seat bolts for ground but tested them with an ohm meter and was getting full resistance so I decided to use a screw coming up through the tub where the carpet was attached instead. This screw was under the drivers seat towards the front.

Full install took me around 3.5 hours. I hooked it all up and so far so good! No hissing or feedback or anything like that. Sounds good at low and high volumes. The difference this sub makes is incredible! I haven't heard the infinity system so I can't compare it to that. I'll probably upgrade the front 6.5"s with the Kicker upgrades eventually to even out the midrange a bit. Overall though this alone sounds really good for only being around $200.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Sounds interesting but hows about you post some pics of your work so that we can have visuals.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also installed this sub, along with a new head unit and speakers...I am extremely pleased with it. I had the non infinity system in this JK but replaced the whole thing. I had a previous JK with the infinity system and this sub is much better than the factory infinity.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default a year latter

Now a year latter.
Do you still have the Sound Ordnance?
How is it holding up?
I'm thinking about getting it.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zippodragon
Now a year latter.
Do you still have the Sound Ordnance?
How is it holding up?
I'm thinking about getting it.
Me too... and pics of the install would be awesome, as well!!

I'm between this one under the seat (security, won't take any cargo space) vs. the Infinity Basslink (dunno what I'll do when the top is off and the back seat is out).
Old 12-18-2011, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 12-18-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for about 7 months & still love it. I wired mine similar, but don't have any instal pics. My LOC is hidden behind the glove box.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Could you take a couple? If nothing else a pic of the box under the seat.

It looks like there is plenty of room, but I'm afraid of it bouncing around. Did you secure it somehow?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default same here

Originally Posted by ac1brooks
I've had mine for about 7 months & still love it. I wired mine similar, but don't have any instal pics. My LOC is hidden behind the glove box.
I'll like to see some pics of how it looks under the seat
Old 12-25-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've mounted mine under my rear seat. I initially put it under the passenger seat, but Sounds much better under the rear seat. All I did was zip tie it to the rear seat brackets & I gave myself a little extra wire so I could easily pull it out & disconnect it if I need to. I also mafe a carpeted box to hide it with when my doors are off

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2048.jpg
Views:	2363
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	254382Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2047.jpg
Views:	1973
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	254381

Quick Reply: Sound Ordnance B-8PT Install