Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Slight Speaker Rattle

Old 02-03-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight Speaker Rattle

I have a slight speaker rattle on the passenger side roll bar speaker. I tried tightening up the screws but I still hear is slightly. It being cold out is not helping. Anyone have this problem or any ideas on knowing where the plastic rattle is coming from? You think the plastic speaker mount or is it vibrating off the hardtop? It got worse when I tightened the passenger freedom panel screw.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dome light, push on it to test while rattling
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

I sometimes get some when I play a lot of bass at really high levels. I think it could be the speaker in the fram or just the whole sound bar. May just try taking the speaker and putting a layer of felt around edge where speaker screws into...it is not that bad and really only when I play something really full of bass!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepTrav
Dome light, push on it to test while rattling
Wow, just tested it and I'm pretty sure that's it.

Now, how do I get this thing to stop rattling?

RubiDude, I'm running the stock system now and so not much bass :/. Good tips for when I upgrade and it's still making noise. Appreciated!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm needing to fix mine. Heard removing the cover and filling the gaps between bracket and sound bar
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigback
Wow, just tested it and I'm pretty sure that's it.

Now, how do I get this thing to stop rattling?

RubiDude, I'm running the stock system now and so not much bass :/. Good tips for when I upgrade and it's still making noise. Appreciated!
Did you ever try to fix it? I have not had the time adn wondered if you had a tip!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

FYI- I had replaced all four speakers with the Mopar Kickers everyone mentioned here (they sound better, but still looking at replacing the factory H/U to get more power per channel over the weak stock one) and filled the sound bar with Poly-Fil when doing the rear pair. I packed poly-fil into the space between the speakers tight (towards the dome light) and lightly filled the enclosures around the speakers. That really helped the rattling sound from the dome. I plan to also (when it's warmer in MN) pull the dome light mount out and re-install it with black silcone around the mount bracket and bulb mount. This is just because I will be adding a aftemaket H/U with more power, so will get more push from the speakers. As of now the poly-fil did the trick and cost me $4 at Micheal's craft store.

Thought you might want to know!

Quick Reply: Slight Speaker Rattle