Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius XM antenna install

Old 12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM antenna install

For those of you that have one of these aftermarket satellite kits, where did you mount the antenna? I was looking @ the kit that quadratec offers, but with my mastercraft grab handles installed....it does not seem that I have enough room to mount the antenna there. I really don't want to mount it on the hood or exterior surface. Anyone mounted it anywhere else? Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

I just placed my antenna on the sound bar. The signal will go right through the soft or hard top.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

I have mine sitting just behind my mastercraft grab handles and so far I haven't had any issues over the past couple years.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

I had my Sirius installed professionally. My wheeling buddy is a professional car audio installer. He said they always mount em on the roll cage above the passenger on jeeps. So that's where mine went. And it's great. I just installed some mastercrafts and I just off centered my handle so it didn't hit the antenna. It didn't matter to me where the passenger handle went. Works great!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.426909,-114.347215
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Verizon 3G
Old 12-30-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet, thanks for the replies!! I was curious how it would fit with the grab handles there....did anyone use the mount kit from quadratec?

Quick Reply: Sirius XM antenna install