Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius XM

Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM

Can anyone tell me if I can still use the factory Sirius antenna to plug into for my aftermarket radio? I haven't been able to locate any adapter that will go from my radio to the factory plug...
Old 11-01-2016, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by baz0157
Can anyone tell me if I can still use the factory Sirius antenna to plug into for my aftermarket radio? I haven't been able to locate any adapter that will go from my radio to the factory plug...
I don't know the answer to your question. However, did you try calling Crutchfield? They typically supply the proper interface connectors if you buy a stereo through them.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by baz0157
For what I remember from when I had my Pioneer installed they had to cut off the MOPAR connector to splice on a standard SiriusXM connector. They used an old broken antenna they had lying around as a parts donner for the connector itself.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
I don't know the answer to your question. However, did you try calling Crutchfield? They typically supply the proper interface connectors if you buy a stereo through them.
My next call is crutchfield, just thought I'd check and see if anyone knew of an adapter. I'll post what I found out, hopefully they have one, I'd rather not run a new antenna if I don't have to.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

At a minimum, you will need an adapter to adapt the factory antenna to the aftermarket HU. I used the iDatalink Maestro HRN-ANT-SAT1. You will most likely also need a XM tuner unless your aftermarket HU has a XM tuner built in which is unlikely. The tuner part number is SXV300v1. I found the best price on both components on eBay. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

yes you can use your factory connection. it is yellow. break off the plastic yellow square end of it, exposing the end of the cable with the connection on the end. it will fit your sirrius xm antenna input. use electrical tape to keep secured.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jims-Heep
yes you can use your factory connection. it is yellow. break off the plastic yellow square end of it, exposing the end of the cable with the connection on the end. it will fit your sirrius xm antenna input. use electrical tape to keep secured.
Thats what I did on a Jeep and a Chevy. No issues on the Chevy in many years. HTH

Quick Reply: Sirius XM