Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Subscription Question - Specifically 2012

Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Subscription Question - Specifically 2012

When you folks bought your 2012s equipped with Sirius radios - ya got a trial subscription, correct?
What was the trial period?

Did Sirius cut off service the day the period ended, or did it drag out an extra week or so?

Also, individuals that have purchased used Jeeps, was service already activated?
Do the dealerships re-enable free trials for used Jeeps?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you're able to offer.

crumpler
Old 01-26-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The subscription is for one year. Witha few of my cars it has stayed on a few weeks after subscription ran out, but they will find out and end it, haha. The dealerships have nothing to do with it other than the initial start up
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read that if u just let it run out and go without it they will offer a half off deal ...let them contact you.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crumpler
When you folks bought your 2012s equipped with Sirius radios - ya got a trial subscription, correct?
What was the trial period?

Did Sirius cut off service the day the period ended, or did it drag out an extra week or so?

Also, individuals that have purchased used Jeeps, was service already activated?
Do the dealerships re-enable free trials for used Jeeps?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you're able to offer.

crumpler
I did purchase a used jeep and the one year free satellite was included. The dealer already activates it for you... Atleast they should.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rico
I read that if u just let it run out and go without it they will offer a half off deal ...let them contact you.
This is true! I was called and something was in the mail. 30 bucks for 6 months. Unfortunately, I am not impressed with the sound quality of Satelite. I think it might be the cheap radio though because, other people have stated with the RER, and RBZ it sounds better.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

When the free trial was up on my 11 I got a call wanting to know if I wanted to subscribe. I said no then they offered me a year for 1/2 price so I went with that. When my year is up I will tell them to cancel it unless they can give me the same deal. I know a lot of people that have done this for years and have never paid full price.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Jedi

Just renewed mine for $95 for one year. Catch is that it will autoremew next year unless I call and cancel which I will and then let them offer me a better deal again!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Just renewed mine for $95 for one year. Catch is that it will autoremew next year unless I call and cancel which I will and then let them offer me a better deal again!!
I pay about that, to bad my Gobi gets bad reception now, need to move the antenna
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skibovr6

I pay about that, to bad my Gobi gets bad reception now, need to move the antenna
can you ground it to the gobi so the gobi acts as a big satellite antenna?!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by renegade4x4
This is true! I was called and something was in the mail. 30 bucks for 6 months. Unfortunately, I am not impressed with the sound quality of Satelite. I think it might be the cheap radio though because, other people have stated with the RER, and RBZ it sounds better.
I just got this same offer as well. 30 bucks for 6 months. They sent me a bill to try to "auto renew" it...

Quick Reply: Sirius Subscription Question - Specifically 2012