Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Sirius subscription?
Yes.
65.16%
No.
34.84%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Sirius Subcription up?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loose the signal too much and it has way too many commercials for a pay radio.. which their biggest selling point is NO commercials.. Also when it ran out they called 4-5 times a day every day for about a month,, and when they got the answer machine they would just hangup after it went to record or just sit and talk amongst themselves while the machine was recording.. Now XM and Sirius is merging expect the $ to go up,, and at $14 per month to listen to the radio.. Now if I had one of those fancier receivers, not the factory sat radio, it might be worth it, they do so much more..
Old 06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will renew. This radio is the third sirius subscription when I renew. I have to agree that the reception in the Jeep is the worst I have.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

This is really strange as I didn't renew, was over in March, and I still have it...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

I can't quite decide. I like sirius but $13/month is a bit much. I think I'm gonna miss it too much not to renew for two reasons, Howard and Stern
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BCarr
Don't sweat the reception issue. Once they merge with XM, they will have access to XM's satellites and orbits, as well as their terrestrial repeaters...which really help out under bridges, overpasses, etc. The combo of the two systems should create great reception all over.....assuming they do it that way.
Once they merge? You think another monopoly will be allowed to be created like the cable companies? I have no choice in my area when it comes to a cable company.....why would satellite radio be allowed to go towards this when the cable companies are being pushed to "unmonopolize" like the phone companies did??
Old 06-17-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RWA612
I can't quite decide. I like sirius but $13/month is a bit much. I think I'm gonna miss it too much not to renew for two reasons, Howard and Stern
I renewed for 2 reasons....Margaritaville and NASCAR

I just wont tune into Stern

Plus, my kids like Radio Disney
Old 06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
This is really strange as I didn't renew, was over in March, and I still have it...
Mine was up last week, but still works today. :shrug:
Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paratus13
Once they merge? You think another monopoly will be allowed to be created like the cable companies? I have no choice in my area when it comes to a cable company.....why would satellite radio be allowed to go towards this when the cable companies are being pushed to "unmonopolize" like the phone companies did??
It was actually recommended that they merge by the FCC chairman. I don't think it is considered a monopoly because there are competitors within the non pay radio broadcasting realm (ie FM/AM) so we do have a choice to go to "inferior goods"
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

I went on and did the lifetime renewal... As long as you keep it for over somewhere around 2yrs-8mos... you are ahead. There are stipulations on replacing the unit and transferring the lifetime coverage to a new radio and such.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

already renewed for my wife...it's only an extra $5 a month to add a second account...so why not!

Quick Reply: Sirius Subcription up?