Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Sirius subscription?
Yes.
65.16%
No.
34.84%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Sirius Subcription up?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

couldn't live without it, i have a 45 mile commute each way. I only listen to half a dozen channels but it beats what I can get over the airwaves by a mile
Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't renew the subscription since I never listen to it. They don't play music that I want to listen in any category. I've got all I want to listen in my iPod - that's all I need. I'd rather listen to my own playlists.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

I didn't renew. I only listen to 4 channels when I listen at all.

I lose the signal too often where I live and I just don't use it enough to want to pay for it.

Sirius sent me a few renewal reminders in the mail.

My subscription should have ended in May but it still works. I have want I want to listen to on my MP3 player or I just load up the 6 disc changer.

Last edited by priell3; 06-14-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wont be renewing mine..

although I know for a fact that it was never put into my name because I know the guy that prepped it and he told me it was working already so why should he put it in my name... Im guessing Sirius thinks its sitting on the lot still and is being used for demo purposes or whatever.....

Im not a big fan of Sirius.. and Sirius Traffic info for the MyGig is useless... I live in the NYC area and its still useless.. it tells you about traffic on main roads and directs you onto other roads that are slower and have the same traffic... I turned it off..... My 30 GB harddrive is all i need.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone talked Sirius into any renewal discounts? When I got my new Jeep I called to cancel the XM that I had in my previous Jeep. The best offer they came to was half off a one year subscription to keep XM. When I said no to that they offered me 3 month free to see if I wanted to keep XM or so I could give the radio to a friend or family member. It will be November before my Sirius runs out. If I can talk them down I may renew otherwise probably not (iPod + Aux jack = all music I like).
Old 06-14-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
1. Advertisements : I'm sick and tired of hearing the sponsors advertisements and the advertisements for what is on the other channels.) The sponsore are PAYING big money to Sirius, why should I pay to listen to the ads?

2. Variety : I listent to quite an eclectic collection of music that I have ammassed on my own. There are about 2 artists I have looked into after having Sirius for a year. The channels that I listen to repeat the same songs over and over just like FM, albeit a different repetitive playlist. The comedy channels do the same thing with repeats. There is no industrial channel, but multiple country channels. (that may be a plus for country music fans)

3. Reception : I don't tune in every day, however, every day that I have tuned in, I lose signal when I pass a line of trees, on either side of the Jeep. (That never happens to me with FM, CD, or MP3)
These are my thoughts exactly! No more serious for me! I will use my ipod with 15,000 songs! Screw Serius
Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

So does anybody know what if any discounts they offer for multi year contracts??
I have no idea what the thing costs per year since I got it for free a couple of months ago. Somebody mentioned .40//day is that the going price?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Howard Stern

two words. HOWARD STERN, BITCHES
Old 06-14-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

I like it.....
Old 06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I voted no, why pay for radio when it's free, and there were only about 5 stations that I would listen to anyway. Besides that if the commercial on radio get annoying I just put in a MP3 disc that I've burned (which is most of the time) and cruise.

Quick Reply: Sirius Subcription up?