Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Sirius subscription?
Yes.
65.16%
No.
34.84%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Sirius Subcription up?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just renewed today.. I like Sirius, especially in the fall for college football because I can never get my team on local radio. Geaux LSU Tigers! I also love my Hair Nation...
Old 06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still on the fence about renewing ... My year is over already and I still have the service w/o renewing. I think the quality of the programming and the variety is good, however, the reception drop-outs I've experienced in Western PA leave a lot to be desired. Never had that problem with FM. I listen to my iPod via the aux jack 97% of the time, so when the subscription finally lapses I don't know if I'll miss it a whole lot.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never got it with the Heep, however, I am looking at both Sirius as well as XM as alternatives. Now my problem is the lack of quality FM programming locally. As such I think having a sat radio would be a good thing.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Defiantly will renew. I don't have many radio station choices so Sirius is like a god send here, unless you are really into cattle future reports.

I was going to comment on how good my Sirius reception is, but if I think about it, I not sure if it is as good as I think it is. I live in the mountains, at the edge of almost all regular radio reception, so in my mind I may be comparing real crappy regular reception to fairly good satellite. So any comparison I try to give would be a bit skewed in favor of radio I can listen to vs poor free radio. For me, I'm happy with Sirius.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Sirius was already activated when I picked up my Jeep at the dealer so I never did anything with it since last July. I have since had a new MyGig put it and the Sirius already worked on it too. So I have had free for 11 months now and it just stopped the other day. So I called Sirius to activate it and they said that it had never been activated so they gave me a year more free...
I even told them that I have had my Jeep for 11 months and that it had been working they were cool and said then here's another year free... So again,

And when this year of free is up, I will try again to buy a subscription. I already had (4) XM Radios and I think I like Sirius a little better.

Ben
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gabryael
I was on the fence at first, but no, I won't be upgrading. The sound quality is no better than FM IMO and some of the channels have too little variety for my tastes. I'd rather burn a bunch of MP3 CDs and listen to those if I want to.....Long live the Ska/Punk CD!!!!!!!!
That's another point I meant to harp on. I am all for new technology and gadgets etc etc. I like the concept of satellite radio. But in reality, the way the digital signal is compressed and delivered, I can hear the loss. After a while you get used to it. Cassette tapes were cool in their day and we put up with them, hell, we liked them. In this day of digital media, we shouldn't have to put up with poor quality (and pay for it to boot). Long live the GWAR-MFDM mix!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Im an Xm guy, I do like a few sirius channels but I'm not sure if its enough to keep me when my year is over. I was waiting for the merge with the two (XM & Sirius) to see if you can pick and choose your channels. But no word there, that was a big hype in the fall but I guess it never happened.... Dang it!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

XM all the way. I love Rancid Radio!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes for sure! i didn't have it for couple days and almost killed myself.

I called to renew and when i did, they said i have a free year subscription. So now i have another free yr service.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

HOLY CRAP! Are we talking about the same service here? I mean, it's only .40 cents a day!!!!I piss away more than that just thinking about this! Did I miss something? FM radio has nothing BUT commercials! SIRIUS ROCKS! And I never lose reception......

Quick Reply: Sirius Subcription up?