Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your Sirius subscription?
Yes.
65.16%
No.
34.84%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Sirius Subcription up?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sirius Subcription up?

Sirius called me twice last week, once over the weekend and I recieved a letter today begging me to re-up for another 1 to 5 years. My subcription is up in about 16 more days.

Anyone else as admanent as me about NOT renewing?
Why?

1. Advertisements : I'm sick and tired of hearing the sponsors advertisements and the advertisements for what is on the other channels.) The sponsore are PAYING big money to Sirius, why should I pay to listen to the ads?

2. Variety : I listent to quite an eclectic collection of music that I have ammassed on my own. There are about 2 artists I have looked into after having Sirius for a year. The channels that I listen to repeat the same songs over and over just like FM, albeit a different repetitive playlist. The comedy channels do the same thing with repeats. There is no industrial channel, but multiple country channels. (that may be a plus for country music fans)

3. Reception : I don't tune in every day, however, every day that I have tuned in, I lose signal when I pass a line of trees, on either side of the Jeep. (That never happens to me with FM, CD, or MP3)

4. They keep calling me even after I told them no. I have outlined my reasons why I don't want the service. Take me off your call list already.

I've ranted. Now it's your turn.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted yes.

I never in a million years would have paid to have it before I had it. I love it now. I enjoy the music selection and most of all enjoy not having discs/mp3 players in the vehicle to get damaged or stolen.

It works for me.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

i said no as well. i agree with all 3 of your reasons. they never called me or bugged me so i can't relate to number 4. but yeah, they got way too many commercials for something i have to pay for and i've got a much wider selection of music to pick from and i don't play the same 5 songs 500000 times a day...
Old 06-02-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahahahahaha, just wait until your subscription is completely up.
They bug me almost daily now.

Hi this is sirius
Old 06-02-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love my sirius
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

yep, renewed mine about a month ago. I like it for the ESPN & NFL channels. The comedy channels are also nice for road trips.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I,m not sure what happened, but I remember the sales guy at the dealership saying something about having forgotten to re-set my sirius account. My Jeeps over a year old, and I still have sirius. I don't this it will ever expire.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

We'll be renewing, cuz we flip around enough thats it not too repetitive. Plus my wife loves the talk channels. But I can see your points too, thats why I dont have satellite in my truck anymore.. And I really agree with the 4th one, thats one of my biggest peeves. NO means NO
Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Default nope

I LOVE SIRIUS!

i have 3 accounts even!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was on the fence at first, but no, I won't be upgrading. The sound quality is no better than FM IMO and some of the channels have too little variety for my tastes. I'd rather burn a bunch of MP3 CDs and listen to those if I want to.....Long live the Ska/Punk CD!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sirius Subcription up?