Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Sat Radio

Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Sat Radio

How do I find out my stock radio ID# after the radio is already removed from the jeep. Is one of the numbers on the sticker the radio ID?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked on the stock unit that I removed from my Jeep. It doesnt appear to have the Sirius ID number on any of the stickers. I believe you will have to re-install the head unit and go through the menu system to locate the ID number.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
How do I find out my stock radio ID# after the radio is already removed from the jeep. Is one of the numbers on the sticker the radio ID?
Call Sirius and they can look it up by your VIN number. You don't have to reinstall the head unit
Old 07-04-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake

Call Sirius and they can look it up by your VIN number. You don't have to reinstall the head unit
I tried that already they said they did not have it on record. Looks like I am going to have to reinstall it.

I am trying to move my 1 year free service to my after market radio. They say I can do it for a $15 radio change fee but I need both radio ID's.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TripleBJK

I tried that already they said they did not have it on record. Looks like I am going to have to reinstall it.

I am trying to move my 1 year free service to my after market radio. They say I can do it for a $15 radio change fee but I need both radio ID's.
If I'm not mistaken , when you activated it the first time did they asked for your radio id? My wife journey came with one year free subscription and she had to provide the vin with that they got the radio id. When you sign in your account you could see the radio id there.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicksabellajk

If I'm not mistaken , when you activated it the first time did they asked for your radio id? My wife journey came with one year free subscription and she had to provide the vin with that they got the radio id. When you sign in your account you could see the radio id there.
I have never had it activated because I did not have to. It is a 2013 that I bought new in February with 1 year free service. The customer service rep I spoke to was surprised that the radio ID was not attached to the VIN. She said it typically was. Maybe I just need to call again.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are the 2 labels on my stock radio. Any of these number the Sirius radio ID#?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-906928098.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	474620   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3520501579.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	474621  
Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

The numbers ending in AB are Chrysler part numbers.

Mine doesn't have the small label near the connector...could be Sirius??
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I get home I am going to try and scan the bar codes with my phone and see if anything comes up.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Unfortunately you cannot move the free one year subscription. Trust me I tried. The free one year is exclusive to that radio ID.

Sent from my thingy.

Quick Reply: Sirius Sat Radio