Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Radio Scam or Dealer Scam?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it may be on sirius's end. My wife called sirius when she activated hers and they said she had a 3 month trial. She told them that her window sticker said otherwise and they ended up correcting it.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a dealer issue. We are all required to call Sirius after we get home with our new vehicle and get the Sirius account activated in our names. Read the paperwork that comes with your new jeep, it says something about that. I bought mine last month and called the next day and Sirius said it was activated for the dealership back in July and they just put it in my name for a year from the date of purchase no questions asked. It is as simple as that. No scams here on either part, we as buyers just need to do the needful.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I got hosed on mine.
I explained it to the satellite radio guy on the phone & he was a total prick... Thus, I told them I would not be purchasing a subscription.
I will never have sirius radio again. It sounded like poo, and their reps are A-holes.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mrjayd
It's not a dealer issue. We are all required to call Sirius after we get home with our new vehicle and get the Sirius account activated in our names. Read the paperwork that comes with your new jeep, it says something about that. I bought mine last month and called the next day and Sirius said it was activated for the dealership back in July and they just put it in my name for a year from the date of purchase no questions asked. It is as simple as that. No scams here on either part, we as buyers just need to do the needful.
I purchased my 2012 JK Oct 14th, called Sirius/XM on the 17th and everything seemed fine. The nice cust svc agent had it all taken care for me and the subscription would be good through Oct 17th 2012. Several days later the Sirius stopped working, so I call cust svc back and they tell me that the dealer called in after me to activate the account, and the person from the dealer gave them the wrong information. So I was told it is a dealer problem and that the dealer has to set everything up and to call them back to get it straightened out. I call the dealer and they say they will take care of it. I get a letter in the mail yesterday saying my subscription ends in Jan 2012 (3 months) not the 12 as purchased. So I will call Chrysler Cust Svc as someone previously mentioned and see if they can straighten it out......
Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by engine12
I purchased my 2012 JK Oct 14th, called Sirius/XM on the 17th and everything seemed fine. The nice cust svc agent had it all taken care for me and the subscription would be good through Oct 17th 2012. Several days later the Sirius stopped working, so I call cust svc back and they tell me that the dealer called in after me to activate the account, and the person from the dealer gave them the wrong information. So I was told it is a dealer problem and that the dealer has to set everything up and to call them back to get it straightened out. I call the dealer and they say they will take care of it. I get a letter in the mail yesterday saying my subscription ends in Jan 2012 (3 months) not the 12 as purchased. So I will call Chrysler Cust Svc as someone previously mentioned and see if they can straighten it out......
That's typically my experience with any customer service rep these day, though I called Reagan at Tuffy Boxes Customer Service today and he was very nice. It seems everything becomes a hassle these days, but pressing onward until I get what I paid for.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio Scam or Dealer Scam?