Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

SIRIUS Missing Channels?!?

Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIRIUS Missing Channels?!?

This is probably a very stupid question, but does anyone elses REQ w/Sat not have all available channels?

I wanted to switch to XM because they have a punk rock channel. My friend told me that Sirius has one as well. Sure enough, channel 29 is Punk. The only problem is that my REQ radio can't or won't tune to 29. It just goes from 28 to 30...

Is there a way to add or program channels to the HU? Or, is this just another one of the thousands of defects in the JK or DC vehicles in general? I can't imagine that this would require a flash of any kind...
Old 08-31-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I have it on mine. What I would do is call Sirius and tell them what is going on. They may send a signal down to ya. Could be just a glitch or something. Hope that helps
Andrew
Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply... I forgot to mention in my original post that I had been on the phone with Sirius for nearly two hours and they sent and resent different types of signals. Unfortunately, none of these signals did anything.

In my opinion, I believe that it is something to do with Srius on their end, but you never can tell anymore with CanBus systems and all that stuff...
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a bad radio...i'd take it in.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Usually they can reset it and it works, Ive had to do this on a different aftermarket radio in my GTO but if it isnt working when they send the new signals then I would bring it in. I personally was more impressed with the Punk selection, well, rock in general on Sirius over XM.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

If they keep resending signals and nothing, Bring it it you have a bad radio that will not take the new programing.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just make sure that before they re-send the signal, you park the Jeep outside (where you can get the signal), turn on the radio and tuned to 184. Then ask Sirius to re-send the signal (you can do that at Sirius.com - log-in required). Leave the radio on and tuned to 184 for about 5 minutes.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you probably need to go to the dealer.

Last edited by moun10eer; 09-01-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS Missing Channels?!?