Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius in Europe

Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty sure Sirius and XM's sats wont work in the UK - they are directional and are pointed right at the US. I've heard of it working in Canada and Mexico for obvious reasons, but it should be impossible to receive it in the UK.

If you have a US address for your account, you could buy the app then change your address to UK and use the UK store. Surely if you already have bought the app it won't remove it.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived in Germany for several years, just moved back earlier this year and can tell you that NO sirius and xm do not work in europe. Those sattelites are geosynchronus (sp?) and only work on the north american continent.

When I left Germany it was my understanding a European comapny was attempting a startup sattelite radio company, not sure if it ever panned out though.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! That clears that up then! New radio it is!

Quick Reply: Sirius in Europe