Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius customer service WTF

Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius customer service WTF

I upgraded my Rubi radio to a nav unit, I called to have my sat service transfered. The guy said nope, can't transfer the "free" 1 year subscription!!! I ranted to no avail. The number I had called was the number on the literature they sent me. So I thought awhile, and went and looked at the new mygig. It had a different number, so I called and got a very pleasant lady and I asked if there was any subscription left on my new radio. She said it just ran out (I knew that already). I explained that I had a year left on my old radio, and could I transfer it? She said yes for $15. So if you have tried to transfer your so-called free year of sat service try again. It can be done.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

I tried it too they also said i couldn't do it.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was successful by calling the number on the radio that I wanted the subscription moved to. It was a different number. I was really pissed w/ the first guy I talked to. He said "the system" could not transfer a dealership 1 yr subscription. I guess the other lady's "system" could? WTF???????
Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

Sirius and Xm cust service is horrible. Dont ever give those people a credit card # - pay by check. Giant pita's to cancel with. I got rid of all my sat radio - with the Mygig hard drive, I just loaded it up and keep it on shuffle. Found myself scanning through the sat channels as much as I used to through the fm channels.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chipmaker
I upgraded my Rubi radio to a nav unit, I called to have my sat service transfered. The guy said nope, can't transfer the "free" 1 year subscription!!! I ranted to no avail. The number I had called was the number on the literature they sent me. So I thought awhile, and went and looked at the new mygig. It had a different number, so I called and got a very pleasant lady and I asked if there was any subscription left on my new radio. She said it just ran out (I knew that already). I explained that I had a year left on my old radio, and could I transfer it? She said yes for $15. So if you have tried to transfer your so-called free year of sat service try again. It can be done.

Tell them that the old radio was defective, dealer replaced it. When i got my jk new there was a scuff mark on the face of the radio. It took 3 weeks to go back and have them replace the radio.I had the same Problem they shut me down. Give them your vin number. they started the year all over again. plus some.Hope that helps. I personally can not see paying for radio.

Quick Reply: Sirius customer service WTF