Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Show me your subwoofers

Old 02-09-2010 | 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually no...screwed two sheet metal screws in bottom of inclosed part of box and two behind amp. at top of inclosed box added small molly bolts to keep it tight to tailgate. added rubber between box and tailgate to stop vibrations
Old 02-09-2010 | 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the MTX Thunderlink....10" 100W powered sub.
Mounts vertical or horzontal. I actually just use straps to keep it in place so I can remove it anytime I want.

I'm very pleased with it...100x better than the Infinity sub with minimal space and investment.

Sells on Amazon for $269. I found mine on e-bay for $100 +shipping.

Just an option....

Old 02-09-2010 | 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maddmex
not as nice as some but functional.did this one just after i bought my jk. cost effective and not a whole lot of room taken.
How does that sound like that. I have an old JL 8W0 that I have in the same place as the Infinity sub came out of. Right now it sound bad but I'm using the factory Infinity amp to drive it. Going to put my own amp in it this weekend hopefully. When I removed the Infinity sub it looked like it was a dual voice coil sub never expected that.
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't put a dynaudio sub in the factory enclosure. That's like spreading caviar on a piece of wonder bread.
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

I know but it looks so nice and factory and doesn't take up any room. If it doesn't sound better after a real amp I will have to get a real box for them I have two of them laying around.
Old 02-09-2010 | 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

surprisingly great.. i did not think i had enough air space but after measuring it it worked out perfect. its not over bearing at all in the cab.
Old 02-20-2010 | 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maddmex
not as nice as some but functional.did this one just after i bought my jk. cost effective and not a whole lot of room taken.
Hey man, I kind of stole your idea.

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Here is mine... I was focusing on not loosing any cargo space or as little as possible. I stole the airspace in front of the rear wheel well and glassed that area to maximize my airspace. I ended up wrapping everything in suede as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-21-2010 | 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow jread14, that is a neat custom enclosure. Did you do that Where did you get your Hertz speakers I don't have a vendor for them down here, at least none that I can audition.
Old 02-21-2010 | 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jread14
Here is mine... I was focusing on not loosing any cargo space or as little as possible. I stole the airspace in front of the rear wheel well and glassed that area to maximize my airspace. I ended up wrapping everything in suede as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice looking install, would like to see if you did it yourself or had it made for you?

Quick Reply: Show me your subwoofers