Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Show me your subwoofers

Old 05-15-2009, 01:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's mine:

Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by calypson
Mine...yeah I'm kinda proud of it

I demand specs! Is that two 8" woofers or two 10" subwoofers?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calypson
Mine...yeah I'm kinda proud of it

I want this so bad for my Jeep. Step by step instructions would make you a legend!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

My turn, this is what I got.

A down firing sealed box with two MTX 10's. I'm running a MTX Jackhammer 300 as the amp bridged. I also have an EVDO to WiFi router next to the amp.

Here is a better picture of the speakers.

One more showing the LED strip for a night time effect.

I have the stock head unit with an IPod adapter that can be found easily on the internet, plug it into the AUX and for power I tapped into the cigarette lighter adapter that only turns on with the key. You know which one...

Here is the Ipod/bluethooth adapter found at any sprint store for $10. It turns just about any music capable phone into your music source. I also use my iPod touch connected through WiFi for Pandora internet radio for long trips. Beets paying for satellite radio.

I'm sorry I haven't done a write up on this but I just haven't made the time. Too many projects going on. I hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by balencia; 05-15-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

i think ill try to do the tail gate or under the front left passenger seat setup, i saw someone put their subwoofers under the rear chairs of an unlimited pointed up wouldn't that muffle the sound? it completely hid the woofers though. Whats a good 12 inch subwoofer that i could install on the tailgaite or under the front chair?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont think a 12" subs gonna fit under the front chair bud. you can always try though. I still have decided what im goin to do. Im almost leaning towards replacing the dash speakers with some really exspensive components, that would give it atleast alittle more bass. i think.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Junkie

yeah i figured that but i can only hear the bass once the volume says 20 on the stock module. what do you suppose size speaker would fit under the chair? i saw one guy put his sub woofers facing up in his unlimited towards the rear seats so the seats cover the sub woofers, would that affect the performance of the sub woofers?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BRUZR
Could you post a link for specs on this . . . please.
Do a search in your browser for this: Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter

It is actually used to connect any Bluetooth music device to a IPod docking station like the Bose or JBL audio or any of the generic one you find at Wal-Mart.

Here is the sprint description:

This audio converter is a revolutionary Bluetooth® device allowing any Bluetooth® mobile phone or other device with Bluetooth® A2DP compatibility to stream audio to other products. Now you can enable iPod™ docking stations or speakers to receive audio streams from your Sprint stereo Bluetooth® handsets.

The cable I have it pluged into is just an IPod cable I bought on-line for less the $30. On one end it has the IPod docking connector and teh other it has RCA or a AUX plug. Also a 12 volt power and ground. If you have an after market you use the RCA into the HU input or with our stock you plug it into the AUX. I drilled a small hole and ran the cable through to the AUX. The power is tapped into a 12 volt source and the gound is, well, grounded, lol. If you need any other info PM me.

It's real easy to connect to any phone. Just have your phone search for a new Bluethooth deviece and the little card has a blue LED that lights up when connected. Then when you play music through your phone it sends the output to the stero instead of your phone. Use your phone to control play, pause, which track, etc...

Last edited by balencia; 05-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by alaskabound
Just a thought.....bought a sub for my son's Jeep the other day at Best Buy. Purchased the plan for about $18 so if anything goes wrong for a couple of years they replace it free. It has now rained on his more times than I can count.....so far still working fine.....but when it breaks he can take it back.
if there still around in a couple years, good thing it only cost 18 bucks
Old 05-16-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/my-system-done-now-29592/

this is a pretty cool enclosure for subs

Quick Reply: Show me your subwoofers