Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Show me Ur head unit .... Post pics please!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

What do you think about those amps. I looked at those for my build. I sure liked the size and the power requirements for those amps. I just wasn't sure about the "Boosted Rail" technology. So I played it safe and stuck with the "Old School" class D's.
They were really cheap (~$130 each) so I figured they were worth a try.

I read a bunch of reviews on them and couldn't find a negative word. I had always used ARC amps in the past, but I wanted this install as stealth as possible and these are tiny.

Honestly haven't found anything wrong with them so far. The test sheets in the box showed the sub amp tested at 320 at 1 ohm and the 4 channel at 85wpc. Sound clean, no hiss, low noise floor, gains are at about 7-8 before I started picking up any distortion and that is enough to make it too loud to listen to for very long.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XJ Jay
Fairly clean install BUT why are there fuses right befor the amp, your sapposta fuse the whole power wire from the battery to the amp, not the last 6" leaving the rest of power wire a potential fire hazard, also the amps them selves have fuses so its kinda redundant having the fuses that close to the amp. Also what with your clump of power and ground wires "T" off and tapped up. They make distribution blocks for that purpose.
You did notice that the ( single ) distribution wire is 2 or 3 times bigger than what is needed to power any ( 1 ) of the amps. I deployed a concept known in the electrical field as "Power Distribution". The distribution circuit is fused at the battery @ 125 Amps. The ugly looking connections you see are a couple of 1/0 split-bolt wire kerney's that I just happen to have lyeing around. The inline fuses are to step down the protection to each individual amp. I prefered using this method as apposed to running 2 individual power circuits to each amp. You may have also noticed that I elected to run a dedicated "Ground" circuit ( electricians habbits ). I didn't want to spend any more money on distribution blocks being that this system is more for pleasure than "show". And I already had the Kerneys left over from a job. Besides, these split-bolt taps are beautiful to an old electrician.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys will sure post up pics the people selling kenwood here are real &$/%^*+#EUR they hiked up the price I'm still looking around and will have it done by the end of the month

I will also be getting the rear view camera option
But not the nav (for now)

Thinking of keeping my jeep as a family hand down so taking my time to get the best I can afford
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Kenwood in my old Rubi... front and rear cameras.

Click image for larger version

Name:	front cam.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	408543
Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Omani2010
Thanks guys will sure post up pics the people selling kenwood here are real &$/%^*+#EUR they hiked up the price I'm still looking around and will have it done by the end of the month

Thinking of keeping my jeep as a family hand down so taking my time to get the best I can afford
That would be the unit I posted up earlier. No nav as I have a nice garmin nuvi.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out the Pioneer Appradio 2. A couple of my buddies have it and if you have an iPhone, its the best double din unit for the money. They have them on ebay for about $300.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CTomlin19
Check out the Pioneer Appradio 2. A couple of my buddies have it and if you have an iPhone, its the best double din unit for the money. They have them on ebay for about $300.
Great for an iPhone 4/4s but limited functionality with the iPhone 5. You lose most of the app integration. I was told to go a different direction since I had an iPhone 5 running ios6.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattk11
Great for an iPhone 4/4s but limited functionality with the iPhone 5. You lose most of the app integration. I was told to go a different direction since I had an iPhone 5 running ios6.
Oh yea, forgot to mention that, thats why I am waiting myself until they make one thats compatible with the 5.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Omani2010

Why put forth all the effort to get the best with everything "but" Nav?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

Why put forth all the effort to get the best with everything "but" Nav?
Some people, like myself, just don't want nav in the dash. I could have but I prefer to have the screen higher up (on the windshield) so I don't have to look down. A nuvi is a breeze to update too. Just my opinion though I know many would rather have it built in.

Quick Reply: Show me Ur head unit .... Post pics please!