Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Should i get the extended warranty

Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i get the extended warranty

I am about to buy my first jeep it's a 2013 JKUR and I am wondering buy or not buy the lifetime warranty I do plan on lifting and modifying her as soon as I can please any help or experiences with warranties will help a lot
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the lifetime added care plus warranty for mine for about $2300 merged into my loan. Havent been able to use it yet since im only at 34k miles, but i have gotten a rental car for everytime i bring the jeep in for repairs or maintenance if it takes more than a day with no questions asked so thats one good perk to it.

For the price of it, plus the $100 deductible you pay for repairs can easily outweigh the cost of it it if you plan on keeping your Jeep for a while IMO.

Last edited by Croce; 08-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

See that's the thing I think in the long run it would be worth it. I'm just hesitant because I have heard of some dealers voiding the warranty due to mods.... They can say they are good then what they actually do and cover is different ..... Has anybody had any problems with taking those jeep in with mods ... I appreciate all the feed back guys
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikedub101
See that's the thing I think in the long run it would be worth it. I'm just hesitant because I have heard of some dealers voiding the warranty due to mods.... They can say they are good then what they actually do and cover is different ..... Has anybody had any problems with taking those jeep in with mods ... I appreciate all the feed back guys

my dealer replaced all my tie rods, Ball joints, and steering stab under warranty as i was getting some shaking after installing my RC 3.5 kit.
Found out it was caused by the tires but they didnt seem to mind replacing all those compents under warranty with it being lifted, So it really all depends on the dealer you go to for warranty repairs

if i tried that with the dealerships ive been too back in Mass, they would of just told me to F-off
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

After dozens of vehicles, appliances, and entertainment devices I've never been sorry that I refused the extra cost warranty.

I've been lucky enough to not have a lot of failures - but even if I did I've saved way more than enough on the cost of those warranties to easily cover anything that goes wrong.

Believe me, they don't sell those plans at a loss!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Croce
I got the lifetime added care plus warranty for mine for about $2300 merged into my loan. Havent been able to use it yet since im only at 34k miles, but i have gotten a rental car for everytime i bring the jeep in for repairs or maintenance if it takes more than a day with no questions asked so thats one good perk to it.

For the price of it, plus the $100 deductible you pay for repairs can easily outweigh the cost of it it if you plan on keeping your Jeep for a while IMO.
I have the Extended care plan and even though it was pricey it covers everything and I get a rental car whenever I take mine in for whatever reason...worth the money, just the cost of a tranny or transfer case problem will be more than what the price of the warranty is....mine is lifted 3.5 OME with 33'' Duratracs, winch, custom bumpers and sliders (fabbed by myself) and the staff at my dealership actually comment on how good everything looks and my Service manager has a lifted JK so he never has a problem getting things covered so far!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
Yes, but a lifetime one? Depending on the cost, and how long you plan to keep the jeep, the potential to make that back is massive. Especially since the 12+ MY's have the HP to make the engine enjoyable without having to mod it (SC, etc).
On a lifetime plan they work out the rates based on the time an average owner keeps a vehicle. If you keep the vehicle way longer than average, your odds for a payoff go way up. Its still a kind of lottery ticket, but in this case it has a better chance of paying off.

Quick Reply: Should i get the extended warranty