Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Shifter panel lights

Old 11-30-2021, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter panel lights

2009 JKU... How do I remove the shifter panel to fix the lack of lights for the shifter. Is there also supposed to be lights on the window switch panel?
Old 11-30-2021, 01:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricks
2009 JKU... How do I remove the shifter panel to fix the lack of lights for the shifter. Is there also supposed to be lights on the window switch panel?
On my '13 the center console is a couple pieces. I'm not sure about your older interior. On mine I pop up the top part of the console and can access the small light bulb under that panel. I would think the older interior is similar but have never done it. Mine was a very tiny bulb.
The following users liked this post:
Ricks (11-30-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 02:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricks
I'm not sure how to fix the lack of lights (I have a manual), but the entire console comes out on the 08-11 models opposed to the smaller section in the newer interior. Fairly easy though. Remove shift knobs, and there are 4 bolts, 2 on each side near the floorboard. It should pop right out, after you get the e-brake lever high enough.

Quick Reply: Shifter panel lights