Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Selecting LED Offroad Lights

Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selecting LED Offroad Lights

Alright I am looking to add led's lights to my windshield and need a few opinions on what is better. I am looking to get spots or driving beams. Wurton sells a setup with 2-5" led bars that will make a good setup, but then rigid has their dually d2. Which one of these are the better and brighter setup? Wurton advertises 900 lumen per bulb, but rigid does not say what lumen their's are?. Has anybody had any experience with these?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

I've never experienced the Wurtons, but have played around with the Rigid Dualleys and they're awesome. I even just got a set, haven't even installed them yet, and think I am going to get another set. One for the window pillar and one to replace my factory fog lights. Will try to post pictures once I get them installed
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running d2s in bumper and truck lite headlight i like the d2s so well I just ordered a set for pillar
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Former Member

The dually is 1300 lumens and the D2 is advertised at 2600 lumens. Paid of the Wurtons would actually be 3600 lumens. Pair of Wurtons would put out a bit less light than the two of the D2, but more than the dually. Added value on the Wurton is you get additional covers.

As far as spot vs flood, it's just a matter of where you want the light to go. As an example:

Spot

Click image for larger version

Name:	pencil_beam.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	409689

Flood

Click image for larger version

Name:	flood_beam.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	409690

Both Wurton and Rigid make quality lights. The brightest of the bright out there are Vision-X Evo and Soltice series, but $$$

Quick Reply: Selecting LED Offroad Lights