Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Security System!!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

can you get that remote with an mp3 player in it

Seriuosly though that looks like a great alarm
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can find this keyless entry gadget/alarm online easily for ~$150

Is it worth it? Seems the OP paid over 4x as much..
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

you pay for reliability code alarm and bulldog seem to be the worst, audiovox seems to be higher up while viper is in the middle.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James76
The only sure fire way to prevent something you love from being the target of theft is not to own that something at all
or live in a state (or country) where you can track down and kill the bastard who stole your ride.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhutch
I think 5 kittens just died. Sad.
Poor things, They didn't even have a chance.

Wait, I think..?! I think Im going to be .... sick.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is where they died:
http://www.addictinggames.com/kittencannon.html
Old 02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb
Poor things, They didn't even have a chance.

Wait, I think..?! I think Im going to be .... sick.
The remote control had an outline of a car on it so I don't think god took them.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
I have a personal interest in crptology and car security is currently one of the most interesting areas of study. I hope its OK to post a little wikepedia on here to give you a taste of the challenge for WIFI or Remote techonologies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeeLoq

In all cases where remote technology is used, you are essentially revealing your key. Now we are not talking the smash and grab, opportunist thief here, we are talking about the technologically savvy who will target high end or desirable autos - which I would have thought would include the JK right now given the demand.

It seems many ex cold war scientists have found something new to do, and I would have thought that the coolest system would be your car being there when you get back not a buzzing in your pocket to tell you its gone.

The reason I mentioned this before, I belive, was in reference to the chip in the Jeep key which the remote start will render useless, the thief does not have to wait for the car to be started they can just hotwire the car. Your secruity should defeat the opportunist but not the expert - physical security - parking in a safer and well lit spot, removing a component such as a battery isolater (much cheaper) or steering wheel (aka caterham seven) would also help.

In reality most efficient car theft is someone with a flatbed who will just lift your car with the alarm blaring, looking all official, stickers and all, and nicely defeating all the security in the world. Park tight and keep your steering lock on :p

Quick Reply: Security System!!