Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Seat belt light faulty

Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt light faulty

Hey guys I've searched all over the multiple jeep forums to see if any one has had this issue but have not had any luck with it. My seat belt dash indicator is acting crazy. It functions properly for sensing the driver and passenger seat belt, but when I step on the brake, use a turn signal, and/or turn my headlights on the dash indicator lights and the chime goes off. It has been intermittent for the past 2 days. The day before my issue I did some wheeling that involved water but the issue didn't start till the afternoon the next day. I've checked my connections under my seat and the connections to the seat belt assembly's. Checked the wiring harnesses in the engine bay and nothing looks frayed or broken. I've also had the codes checked with a scanner and none came up. And lastly I've reset the computer via disconnecting the battery and discharging the connectors, and using the code scanner. Not sure where to go from here and I don't have access to a jeep friendly dealership due to be stationed in Sicily, Italy. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Seat belt light faulty