Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Screen Change on Factory Nav

Old 03-09-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screen Change on Factory Nav

Has anyone changed their screen on the factory MyGig Nav? Mine recently began to flake from being in the elements too often. And Now most of the touch screen is non responsive and randomly changes the station and other things on it's own.

I am just wondering if it is worth changing the screen or replacing the whole unit with an aftermarket one.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Bump.. no one has replaced a screen
?
Old 03-10-2015, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had same issue. jeep replaced because it's not supposed to happen Mine is a 2008 JKUS and replaced in 2014. Good luck -FD
Old 12-28-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is from earlier in the year, but I'm in the same boat now. Found Navrepair.com and am considering replacing the screen for under $200 (they have a holiday code to take 20% off the price).

If I'm reading right, it's an easy process to remove the old screen and replace with the new one. I personally like the RER and since I'm not entering into an audio competition, it meets my personal needs. Wondering if anyone has done this before? The forum search brought up just a few threads referencing Navrepar but none indicated if it was any good.

I want to avoid replacing the headunit all together because that gets expensive with install, harnesses, conversions, etc. Thinking for this money, I basically get several more years out of this unit as mechanically, it's fine.

Anyone have any experience with Navrepair or replacing the screen another way?

Or.....is there some unit out there that is inexpensive, quality (enough), with DVD, NAV and Sirius?
Old 12-29-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've used NAV repair and the radio came back good as new in a timely manner..

Quick Reply: Screen Change on Factory Nav