Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Satellite Radio+Sunrider=Acquiring Signal

Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio+Sunrider=Acquiring Signal

I just threw on a trektop nx on my 2013, I only had the hard top before. I've noticed that when my Sunrider top is folded back I lose my sat radio reception. This never happened previously with the freedom panels removed. I do have a stubby antenna, but that has been on; it has never caused problems before. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if so what I could do to fix it? Aside from closing my top.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The satellite antenna is located on top of the roll bar. Folding the sunrider back adds an extra layer of material thickness to the top plus metal framing. The antenna signal is getting blocked. You can relocate the satellite antenna.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help. Time to reroute the antenna.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, I've gotten around to moving my sat radio antenna, but have run into a snag. My first problem is I live in Louisiana and it's Africa hot in my garage. The 2nd problem, the one I need help with, after removing the 4 bolts surrounding the antenna, and the one holding the antenna to the plate there are 2 clear clips. How do the clear plastic clips come out?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

There are 2 plastic items, one is clearly a clip, but the other one is where the screw goes through the soundbar plate and mounts/attaches the antenna. It's on the underside of the plate. Squeezing it gently isn't working. I don't want to break it, but I may if this takes any longer, where is my hammer?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio+Sunrider=Acquiring Signal