Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rugged Ridge A Pillar Switch Pod

Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question: for those that used the Rugged Ridge switches, does your light stay on even when the Jeep is off? I followed the install wiring instructions and it said to connect the white wire to the battery. Now I'm thinking it's a constant draw off the battery.

Second question is, is the LED colored light on the switch meant to only be lit when the light it controls is on or is it always on?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baeteamjk
Question: for those that used the Rugged Ridge switches, does your light stay on even when the Jeep is off? I followed the install wiring instructions and it said to connect the white wire to the battery. Now I'm thinking it's a constant draw off the battery.

Second question is, is the LED colored light on the switch meant to only be lit when the light it controls is on or is it always on?

Thanks
Yes, it draws a low amunt of current all the time. I have different switches and the icon on the switch is tapped into the parking lights +12 so it only comes on when the parking lights are lit. Again, the draw is negligable.

The bar should be lit when the light is ON.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Thanks
You have the wires messed up I had same problem and called rugged ridge I switched the pos an neg and it worked out good!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Willis19

You have the wires messed up I had same problem and called rugged ridge I switched the pos an neg and it worked out good!
If they were reversed then wouldn't the switch not work at all? The switch works and activates the aux light just fine. Y concern is that the colored LED indicator light on the switch is constantly on even when the Jeep is off.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

If they were reversed then wouldn't the switch not work at all? The switch works and activates the aux light just fine. Y concern is that the colored LED indicator light on the switch is constantly on even when the Jeep is off.
Yea just switch the 2 wires and it will go off trust me call rugged ridge my buddy had this same problem and wondered why and he called and switched 2 wires around and now it's off unless it turns the switch on ...
Let me know if this works out for you
Old 07-16-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude
Having some fun with my light switches from OTRATTW. Installed on a 2012 Switch Pod. Next step to wire them up. Dual LED. Wording is in Amber and comes on with ignition, symbols are green and turn on when switch is turned on.

1. How is the switch functionality with them being so close to one another?

2. What Volt switches are those? are they 18v? do you specify that when ordering form OTRATTW?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My kit just arrived today from Morris 4x4. I got the RR lights, wind shield brackets, switch, and A-pillar pod. The lights and harness came with exactly 0 instructions. Can anybody help me?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Willis19

Yea just switch the 2 wires and it will go off trust me call rugged ridge my buddy had this same problem and wondered why and he called and switched 2 wires around and now it's off unless it turns the switch on ...
Let me know if this works out for you
Sounds good. Will give it a try when I get back from the beach and I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks bud.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SBEII
My kit just arrived today from Morris 4x4. I got the RR lights, wind shield brackets, switch, and A-pillar pod. The lights and harness came with exactly 0 instructions. Can anybody help me?
I'm not familiar with the lights: I'm assuming each just has two wires?
And what are the details about the harness: did it come with a relay? What about a switch?

On a side-note, I just finished up my switch pod. Click here to go to the build thread.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks C2U. I got it all installed last night and it looks awesome! I'm glad I got the pod.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge A Pillar Switch Pod