Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rugged Ridge Light Bar and 50 inch CREE Led Bar?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Light Bar and 50 inch CREE Led Bar?

I have been looking a couple months now and I cant find anyone who has done this.... I am thinking about getting the RR light bar and flipping the top half around so that the mounting tabs are in the front so i could mount the light bar upside down so that is doesnt stand up real high. Is this possible or am i going to have to buy this and be the first one?
-Ty-
Click image for larger version

Name:	RR LIGHT BAR.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	393790
Click image for larger version

Name:	50_Aluminum_CREE_Off_raod_car_vehicle.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	393791
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think it would be in your line of vision for one (because the tabs would make it sit too low), 2 it would probably be on top of the windshield because if you look at the way the bars trace the A frames ..the frame of the led's would sit too close if not right on top of the glass. 3rd I'm not sure but There may be some sort of venting for heat or moisture at the bottom of the light set up and if you flip it around that would expose it to water etc..... I Don't want to pee in your cornflakes! Just don't want to see you buy both and have it be something that is unusable.....I'm sure it's not cheap. There are light bars (led) that sit at the angle you want already....and that were meant to be that way from the get go! When your paying good money you don't want to experiment with something that could potentially be a major problem . I purchased the delta light bar ...it is not the led's but is quite bright enough and I purchased because of it's low profile. There are a ton of manufacturers that are offering low profile LED bars now and they have the appropriate hardware to sit close to the windshield and yet below the frame just the way you would like. Do some research and you will find them. IMO it will be lost time and money to invest in lights that are not designed to work in a specific set up.
But If you do Good luck ....Not saying it can't be done! You are thinking outside the box ...this is never a bad thing ...just can sometimes be costly.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Light Bar and 50 inch CREE Led Bar?