Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Roof cab lights

Old 02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof cab lights

Anyone install amber cab lights like in a diesel truck?? I bought some amber led bolt lights but looking for other options.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you possibly mount them? Into the removable freedom tops or behind them?

It is something I have never seen on a Jeep but my initial reaction is too Hummerish.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Normally I am all for what you want to do to your rig but why this. Jeeps have enough leak potentials. I have them on my power wagon and I hate em on that. At least they are clear on it when they are off.

If you want to do it I say head down to your local truck shop and pick the ones you like best. I would mount them to the freedom panels. I believe they come with gaskets but I would use some silicone as well. I would run the wiring for each panel up each a pillar and use quick disconnects so the panels can come off.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have never had them leak before on my vehicles and have installed them on an f350.. i love the look of them and I would do small led ones.. I would drill right thru windshield header.. Seal them up nice and good to go.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

thought of this as well...i the a roof light bar with those instead would be cool, if that makes any sense
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I thought about it as well

I wanted to do this and mount the lights on my rack...what do you guys think? There are 4 tabs in the front and 2 in the rear!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When Iwas a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go playin his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't untillater that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear"
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

/ ll,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
(_)) (_))--)_))
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirty (200x155).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	276192  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

do it. take pics and make sure to make a write up. post up and show off to us. then we will have to do it.

Quick Reply: Roof cab lights