Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid lights question

Old 12-16-2012, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid lights question

i just bought the brackets to put them in my fog lights and i hooked them up to the stock wiring for the stock lights and they work but have i turn them off they blink for about 30 seconds and stop. the wire that came with the rigids has a small fuse box on it and if you hook it up to the battery, do i have to hook that up? is that why they blink? i have two sets of duallys on my windhsield and they dont blink.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

how do you have 'em wired ?

are you using a relay ? where are you picking up the trigger for the relay ?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

That small box is called a relay. Make sure all the wires are plugged into it firmly along with your switch. Make sure your ground is a good ground too. I used my hood ground for my lights. If you have done all that the. Contact them and they will replace it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rigid Dually's actually don't come with a relay, just a harness and switch.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

My D2's came with both a relay and a switch in the box as part of the kit. But I believe you are experiencing the CAN BUS issue since your using the stock wiring instead of the relay and switch. Appearantly, with the can bus system on the jeeps, if you try to use the stock wiring for the fogs, you will get some blinking. if you do some research, you will see this is common. Some people have been able to fix it, others not.

Quick Reply: Rigid lights question