Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid led lights

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid led lights

Well I guess what they say about low amp draw or whatever the correct term is, is true.

I was an idiot and have the dually wide beam pattern as my fogs. Well I left them on and turned out to be about 4hrs and I thought well my battery is probably dead. But to no avail started right up and has since not been an issue!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

yeah the LED's are super efficient. I have a 50" and I can run it for hours off of a cordless drill battery. Also I worked in the booth at SEMA and used a 12v drill battery to light them up, I bought it new when I got to Vegas. I just pulled it out of the package and used it all week without ever needing a charge. I wasn't using it constantly but I did use it often, whenever I needed to show off some of the new lights we had that weren't wired in to our display.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRubicon
yeah the LED's are super efficient. I have a 50" and I can run it for hours off of a cordless drill battery. Also I worked in the booth at SEMA and used a 12v drill battery to light them up, I bought it new when I got to Vegas. I just pulled it out of the package and used it all week without ever needing a charge. I wasn't using it constantly but I did use it often, whenever I needed to show off some of the new lights we had that weren't wired in to our display.
Yeah I have duallys both wide and spot pattern and now recently d2 in driving pattern on windshield mount.
I couldn't imagine how bright the 50 really is.
I bet if I or let me say. When I get the 50 I am sure my other lights will not be needed anymore. So I shoulda just saved the money and went straight for the 50!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

yes the 50" is over the top bright, I love it, lol. It's not something you will have on for too long unless you're in a race vehicle. So I still plan to put many more smaller lights on it too for when I don't need that much light. But yeah I think the 50" would drown most of them out if it's on at the same time.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRubicon
yes the 50" is over the top bright, I love it, lol. It's not something you will have on for too long unless you're in a race vehicle. So I still plan to put many more smaller lights on it too for when I don't need that much light. But yeah I think the 50" would drown most of them out if it's on at the same time.
Ha I love over the top!!
Think I'm sold now:-)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jkcarmelindy
Ha I love over the top!!
Think I'm sold now:-)
21,000 Lumens

Quick Reply: Rigid led lights