Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which Rigid led bar is better?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Rigid led bar is better?

Looking at both of the 50" series. The double stack, and the single row. Which one is better as far as wind noise and drag? I've heard people complaining about the extreme amount of noise from both versions. I like them both, just not sure which one I want to go with.

So those of you who have them, post up, along with a pic of it. Not sure which one I like better looks wise.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rockroaster
Looking at both of the 50" series. The double stack, and the single row. Which one is better as far as wind noise and drag? I've heard people complaining about the extreme amount of noise from both versions. I like them both, just not sure which one I want to go with.

So those of you who have them, post up, along with a pic of it. Not sure which one I like better looks wise.
I don't have one but I've been looking. I would imagine the double stack would have more noise. What is the price difference? There should be a substantial light output difference if they are using the same type LEDs. That would be what I would be comparing. I also think the double stacks look better on most applications.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ColdSRT
I don't have one but I've been looking. I would imagine the double stack would have more noise. What is the price difference? There should be a substantial light output difference if they are using the same type LEDs. That would be what I would be comparing. I also think the double stacks look better on most applications.
I saw a double at the skyline ride during the night creek run. All I can say is...

LIGHT ENVY!!!!!!!

That thing lit up the night like it was daytime. I swear I saw a vampire turn to dust. Plants started to turn green. It was a miracle. Seriously though, that thing puts out some massive light. That said, it is a really big power draw. I am thinking if/when I pull the trigger it will be for the single row just to keep the power draw down. If I were going with the double I would probably look at running 2 batteries. It was awesome though
Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Here are the links to the products he's talking about... double row- http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/eseries50.htm single- http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/srseries50.htm

Rigid basically has two different reflector designs, the E series which is their more well-known light and the newer Specter series lights. If you compare the spec sheets, the E series has more raw light at 19750 lumens and a rated distance of 1496.7 meters. The SR light is lower at 16000 lumens and 1206.6 meters. But, the E series light has twice as many LEDs because of the older technology. Amp draw really isn't that bad, 14.75 and 12.1. Basically the same as a pair of 100W lights. Easily handled by the stock electrical system. The beam coverage is illustrated on the spec sheets, the E series has a little wider coverage but I'm not really sure that would actually matter for most circumstances.

Pick whichever you want, I'd go with the Specter if I had the cash... $400 cheaper, half the size and still incredibly bright!

Quick Reply: Which Rigid led bar is better?