Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Flood or Diffused on LoD bumper

Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same predicament. I'm about to order my LoD rear bumper/carrier...and can't decide what flush mounts to buy. I was set on D2 wides, then thought the D2 diffused might be better. Now I'm thinking maybe just grab the regular Dually's in flood.

Is the extra $$ for D2's really worth it for a reverse light?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Havoc,
After reading all I could find online and looking at every video and pic of other installs, I decided to stay with the diffused Dually. Partially because I already had them and also the fact that Rigid sent me some comparison pics they took in the office of the pattern between the flood and the diffused. I know the diffused aren't going to throw near the light that the floods will but I was a little concerned that the floods would be a little too narrow of a beam. With the position of the lights in the JK LoD bumper I briefly considered putting he angled housings behind the lights to get a little more vision in the side mirrors since I can't see anything past the tire in the rear view anyway. That blind spot should be taken care of with the back up camera in the 430 head unit anyway in time. The diffused D2s would be the ticket I believe. You would be amping up the lumens and also get the beam that goes everywhere so thee should be no shortage of light. This is where I caught myself! I'm thinking of spending how much on a set of lights that I only use going 2-3 mph at most for a brief moment? I would end up spending more money for lights pointing behind me than I do for lights point forward at things coming at me at 60 mph! Reality check... I'm sure the D2s are neater than a new pair of sneakers but I would make sure you have some Speaker or Truck Lite headlights and replacement fogs first. Just my conclusion...
Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and ordered Dually floods after posting. Just couldn't justify the extra cash on D2's for the rear. I needed shackles for my new front bumper as well...so ordered up 4 shackles, 4 isolators, and the Dually's from Northridge. Also ordered a switch from OTRATTW. Bumper is being ordered in the morning . I called with a few questions on the bumpers and explained time constraints with my Jeep being in the body shop. He said they'd meet my deadline! Awesome service from Chris @ LoD.

The only reason I decided against the diffused is because 90% of the time when I wished I had some rear lights, was out on the trail helping somebody stuck or working on one of my friends vehicles. I wanted the little extra throw. I'm sure they'll be plenty bright and wide enough for when I'm trying to back up on a dark trail.

Last edited by Havoc40; 02-12-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Rigid Flood or Diffused on LoD bumper