Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Dually LED Lights Tied Into Factory Fog Light Switch

Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
R.C
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
If you run into a flickering problem, skip the load resistors. And go to plan B. Buy a simple harness. Install it on your new lights. And use the OE circuit to trip the relay.
YA,That's what i'm going to do.I have a harnest made up already w/ a relay.Just gonna go that route and be done with it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JacksonH
I recommend you put them on a separate switch. I had dually's wired direct into the stock harness and after the jeep was shut off they would sit there and flicker. I read that canceler capacitors would fix this problem so I installed some and they fixed the flicker after shutting the jeep off, but now they will randomly flicker when it is running . I have them unplugged right now until I wire them on their own switch because the flickering was getting annoying.
Sounds like The Can Bus isn't too Happy about what you did....lol

Quick Reply: Rigid Dually LED Lights Tied Into Factory Fog Light Switch