Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Dually Colored light covers?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid Dually Colored light covers?

Anyone actually using these?

Thinking of putting the amber ones on my d1 for lights to cut down on the blinding effect on road

Does it just filter the light or does it change the light pattern?

Matthew
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

I have the amber and Blue they cut down on the glare and don't change theight pattern at all. I use the amber on my 10 inch bar. And the blues for winter on my windshield lights. They also protect the lens on the light from road debris. I'd use them on my spots in the fog position but they don't fit with the bdf circles and I can't stand the way the rigid look without that piece. The gap around the light is unsightly.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fadeout
I have the amber and Blue they cut down on the glare and don't change theight pattern at all. I use the amber on my 10 inch bar. And the blues for winter on my windshield lights. They also protect the lens on the light from road debris. I'd use them on my spots in the fog position but they don't fit with the bdf circles and I can't stand the way the rigid look without that piece. The gap around the light is unsightly.
Thanks for the feedback, do you think the lens cover + lens color would make a pair of d1's mounted in factory holes in spot pattern less likely obnoxious?

I've managed to mount the BDF bracket slightly back in the hole to choke the light pattern in a bit...

Matthew

Quick Reply: Rigid Dually Colored light covers?