Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ridgid dually choice

Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fadeout
The D2's in driving pattern most certainly will blind other drivers they have a light pattern that spreads from top to bottom. I've ran every light pattern available on the BDF brackets and live in a very urban area the only lamp that you are going to safely be able to use on road daily is the D1 spot. It has a sharp cutoff 30° if I remember correctly and if you aim it down the least bit you'll be perfect. The dually floods are the worst option. If you're stock height or a mild lift you won't even have to lower them. I went back and forth with Jason at Rebel until we came to the conclusion that for daily driving without blinding other traffic the spots are the best choice.

This is an example of the Trucklite headlights aimed properly

this is the Dually flood in the BDF bracket

this is both and as you can clearly see the light shoots far beyond and would blind anyone. The driving beam is similar to this pattern.
With 4" of lift, & 37" tires I'm sure your dually flood lights mounted in BDF brackets flush would blind oncoming traffic. The D2 driving beam is different than the Dually flood. The optics are completely different. If they were the same who would pay an extra money for D2's? Where are your D2's mounted at? Also where are your dually spots mounted?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the D2 driving mounted in the fogs and they had the same effect. Yes they are different optics but they still throw a fairly wide beam of light and it does extend into oncoming traffics field of vision. This is how I wound up with spots, due to their very narrow beam and my lift setup they are the only pattern that doesn't harm anyone's vision. I remounted the D2's up onto the windshield and put the floods out back as reverse lights.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm waiting for a combo of truck-lites and dually flood, (one of these was out of stock) and reading this makes me think I might have chosen something else.

I ordered the rigid industries flush mount to put the duallys in my bumper, and I'd like to know if I should go with dually spot instead of flood for fog light application?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just fell over these pic and I see that spots would be best for fog lights in the bumper

dually flood

dually spot
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKU2007

I have a little experience with rigid lights & after several different positioning on the Dually's / d2's here is what I came up with as the best setup for me.

I have a 2 1/2 inch lift:

BDF mount for fog lights w/ D2's driving beam.
Very bright, Great fog/driving light. Doesn't blind oncoming traffic because of the pattern.

Windshield mount dually spot
You have the ability to aim the lights where you want. Flood are too spread out & D2's are overkill if you have the D2's in the fog lights.

Rear backup lights dually flush mount Diffused
These spread the light evenly, & about 3-5 car lengths behind me

Want to go overboard?
50" SR rigid light bar w/JK windshield mount
20" SR rigid light bar on front bumper
4 dually floods under carriage for rock lights
Bro what kinda doors are those? They are sick looking. I've been looking for something similar for my Build.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
The D2's in driving pattern most certainly will blind other drivers they have a light pattern that spreads from top to bottom. I've ran every light pattern available on the BDF brackets and live in a very urban area the only lamp that you are going to safely be able to use on road daily is the D1 spot. It has a sharp cutoff 30° if I remember correctly and if you aim it down the least bit you'll be perfect. The dually floods are the worst option. If you're stock height or a mild lift you won't even have to lower them. I went back and forth with Jason at Rebel until we came to the conclusion that for daily driving without blinding other traffic the spots are the best choice.

This is an example of the Trucklite headlights aimed properly

this is the Dually flood in the BDF bracket

this is both and as you can clearly see the light shoots far beyond and would blind anyone. The driving beam is similar to this pattern.
Are those the phase 7 TLs? If so, where is the X or Y pattern? I have the TL phase 7 design & the X/Y pattern is kind of getting to me.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Quick Reply: Ridgid dually choice