Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

RI Duallys flickering

Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read somewhere that you need a relay for It to work. Try searching for it. If it does work let me know. I want to do the same thing. Just put on my smittybilt bumper and lost my fogs. Good luck
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 PM
R.C
JK Newbie

Use a relay. I'm using one with my factory fog light switch and ridged dually lights in my LoD armor light mid width bumper and I have no flickering.

Last edited by R.C; 05-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R.C
Use a relay. I'm using one with my factory fog light switch and ridged dually lights in my LoD armor light mid width bumper and I have no flickering.
What relay did you use? And how did you wire it up?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 PM
R.C
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Davesrb
What relay did you use? And how did you wire it up?
I used a regular 4 prong relay that I had laying around. I connected a wire from my battery with an inline fuse to the # 30 on relay. Ran a ground wire from the #85 on relay to a grounding point. Ran my positive wires from ridged duallys to #87 on relay. Grounded the dually lights. Connected my positive wires together from my factory fog light wires and connected them to #86 on relay. Grounded the neg. factory light wires.

Quick Reply: RI Duallys flickering