Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

RI Duallys flickering

Old 05-14-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RI Duallys flickering

Ok, I installed a pair of Rigid Dually diffused in my stock fog light location, wired into the stock harness. They turn on and off fine. But if the Jeep is running and the fog lights are not turned on, they flicker on and off. They work fine when the fogs are turned on. When I turn the Jeep off, they flicker for a minute or so before turning off. More CANBUS issues, but how do I stop it?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

standalone harness or you can try caps in line.

i like the flicker looks like a security feature. ive had 3 people ask me what security set up i have.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
standalone harness or you can try caps in line.

i like the flicker looks like a security feature. ive had 3 people ask me what security set up i have.
I just worry about the blinking lights when driving with the fog lights turned off......
Old 05-15-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Davesrb
I just worry about the blinking lights when driving with the fog lights turned off......
They only do it for like 30-90 sec after being turned off. I was worried when I installed them for my buddy Tyree and they flickered.... But then they stopped like 30 sec later... He likes it, like mentioned above.... Looks like a cool alarm lol
Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, the LED's flicker when I am driving with the headlights on, fog lights off. I look like an emergency vehicle!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Did you use a wiring harness or tie into the factory fog light wiring? I was having the same issues when i installed a new bumper. Once the new xrc bumper was installed i lost my factory headlights. I tied my new lights, that i mounted on the front bumper, into the factory fog light wiring harness. I had similar issues as you are having, only mine would flicker when i would first turn them on, after a few seconds they were good to go. I ended up putting them on their own wiring harness and that fixed the problem imediately.

A little off topic, and not meant to hijack your thread, but how do you like the diffused? I am looking at getting either the diffused or the wide and cant decide which. Any chance of a night shot of them on? Feel free to PM me the information so i dont get this thread off topic.

Good luck, let me know what works out for you. Im interested to see if you find a way for it to work with the factory fog light wiring.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I just tied into the stock wiring. Here is a video of what the flicker looks like.

http://s174.photobucket.com/user/dav...83121.mp4.html

This is with the engine running, lights on but fog lights NOT on. If I turn them on they work fine with no flicker. Also, this is the Trucklites with the stock harness. You can see their flicker is not noticeable.

Last edited by Davesrb; 05-16-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem and tried installing capacitors but they did not work so now I just have them on their own harness and switch.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Davesrb
Ok, I installed a pair of Rigid Dually diffused in my stock fog light location, wired into the stock harness. They turn on and off fine. But if the Jeep is running and the fog lights are not turned on, they flicker on and off. They work fine when the fogs are turned on. When I turn the Jeep off, they flicker for a minute or so before turning off. More CANBUS issues, but how do I stop it?
This is more then likely caused by the CanBus electrical system. Please try and use the wiring harness we supply. This is a very common issue with tapping into the stock wiring. If that doesn't fix the problem please call the office first thing and we will make sure we take care of it for you. 480-655-0100
Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan88Rigid
This is more then likely caused by the CanBus electrical system. Please try and use the wiring harness we supply. This is a very common issue with tapping into the stock wiring. If that doesn't fix the problem please call the office first thing and we will make sure we take care of it for you. 480-655-0100
Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries!!!
Hey Dan, Thanks for the reply. Yes, If I can't get the issue resolved using the stock wiring, I can use the harness you supplied. I just wanted to keep the fogs controlled by the original stalk mounted switch.

As for supporting Rigid, thanks for making such a great product!

Quick Reply: RI Duallys flickering