Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Reverse lights

Old 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on adding one either to a bracket that attaches to the original carrier and extends upward, or just simply drilling a hole and putting a Rigid dually right below where my stock license plate used to be. That spot is perfect.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

There was a thread recently (that I can't find) on putting those Walmart Burner lights that WOL promoted for rock lights on the rear bumper...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARR Antenna Mount + Diffused Dually

Well, I got an idea from another forum where someone is making light/antenna brackets that mount on the spare tire carrier. That bracket looks nice, but it doesn't clear the spare tire and they are planning to sell that bracket for around $100 which I think is too much.

So, I decided to use a driver's side Arizona Rocky Road Antenna Mount and put a Rigid Dually with Diffused cover on it for my back up light. (I have the bracket installed, just waiting on the Dually. Come on UPS!!!). The ARR Mount is around $30 shipped.

I've seen the light the Diffused Dually puts out, so one should do the job very nicely.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tslewisz
There was a thread recently (that I can't find) on putting those Walmart Burner lights that WOL promoted for rock lights on the rear bumper...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=burners
Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not interested in brackets, external lights, drilling holes...just a quick easy improvement.

Anyone out there who actually just plugged 50 watt halogens into the stock reverse lights?

Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 PM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
I have searched on multiple occasions and can not find what I'm looking for. I was in a thread once that mentioned plugging 50 watt halogen bulbs into the stock reverse lights. Obviously this is an attempt to get more light to back up, without wiring in another set of lights.

Has anyone done this? Thanks.
This is the only other bulb I would put in there. ht tp://store.candlepower.com/p3457.html

Last edited by Robar; 12-28-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put LEDs in the reverse lights months ago with no issues
Old 12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

That line of fire looks cool but nothing for JKs...saaaaad

Bern
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

someone used a tailgate light bar that was intended for a truck and mounted it on the hardtop. It has reverse lights, turn signals and brake lights. Its pretty awesome, i just dont want to drill into my hardtop. Here is the link:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...74#post2731674
Old 12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kik
This is the only other bulb I would put in there. ht tp://store.candlepower.com/p3457.html
This is the type of solution I was looking for when I started this thread. Thank you.

Anyone else replace the stock reverse light bulbs with upgraded bulbs?

Quick Reply: Reverse lights