Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Retro fit headlights

Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retro fit headlights

Who has retro fitted their headlights? If so what brand and what's need to do this? I was looking at the retro source but the website is very hard to understand.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I got the retrofit hid kit from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications and they are amazing. I had cheap kits and you can definitely tell the difference.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with Rebel's Hellfire system for $199 and love it. Super easy install and works GREAT! Hard to believe the difference.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xmagicmast3rx
I got the retrofit hid kit from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications and they are amazing. I had cheap kits and you can definitely tell the difference.
Do you know what kit exactly?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by White Ghost
Do you know what kit exactly?
I used the FX-r 2.0 projectors plus a 7" spun aluminum disc and a 55watt HID generic/cheapo HID kit. Check my gallery for pics.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

I also used the retrofit source. for my land rover, not the jeep. but they are super helpful. call them up and they will answer any questions you have. they helped me pick all the right stuff to do the install. and they will help you through the install itself if you need. a call to them could get you a lot if the info your looking for pretty quickly.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spore

I used the FX-r 2.0 projectors plus a 7" spun aluminum disc and a 55watt HID generic/cheapo HID kit. Check my gallery for pics.
How was install and how did it look without the 7" spun?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Northridge kit. Easy install, aimed them using Steins directions and now can see at night. I was thinking about hids or projectors, but after reading all the flickring and other issues, went with the highly rated Northridge kit
Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
I used the Northridge kit. Easy install, aimed them using Steins directions and now can see at night. I was thinking about hids or projectors, but after reading all the flickring and other issues, went with the highly rated Northridge kit
Where can I find the "Steins directions?" I installed my Truck-Lites today and would like to aim them tonight.

Quick Reply: Retro fit headlights