Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replacing Lightforce HID Ballast with another manf.?

Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacing Lightforce HID Ballast with another manf.?

Hello,

I figured I would ask before frying my lights. I can't imagine this would not work but would rather like another opinion. One of my Lightforce Blitz 240's is no longer working. The ballast or ignitor have went out. I've swapped them out and confirmed the fault is in this portion of the wiring. I live in Canada and Lightforce is in Australia so sourcing just the ballast is proving to be a challenge. I've gotten quotes for $180 + 6-8 weeks and another at $480 and it can be here this week... Both sound rather over the top for one ballast.

My question would be swapping the unit out. Is there anything special on a Lightforce ballast over another HID ballast? I believe I have some 35 watt ballast in the garage and they look the same... have the same plugs... and I have a 35 and 55w, would do 35 since the Lightforce ballast is 35watt.

Is there any way of effing this up by plugging in another manufactures ballast?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump, any opinions?

Quick Reply: Replacing Lightforce HID Ballast with another manf.?