Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replacing front component speakers?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jread14
I am running the Hertz energy series components and coaxs in the sound bar. I am a SQ kind of guy and these to me were the best bang for the buck. I am running those and a Hertz 10" sub with my old JL 500/5 and it can truly be overwhelming. I promise you that you can pour the power to them and the just keep getting louder with no increase in distortion. I will try to post some pics in the next day or so of the fiberglass sub enclosure and amp mount.

An SQ guy in a jeep
Old 02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rbuckenmeyer
An SQ guy in a jeep
I should have seen that one coming... This is my toy and I just cant stand a factory sound system. I dont care if it is in a jeep or my daily driver. I just have to have better sound...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should have seen that one coming... This is my toy and I just cant stand a factory sound system. I dont care if it is in a jeep or my daily driver. I just have to have better sound...
yea... i hear ya.

just playing though. good for you upgrading the factory stuff.

post some pics of your setup too.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Here are the Hertz components installed and a peak at the sub and amp install.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are the Hertz components installed and a peak at the sub and amp install.

nice custom box. Im just afraid some haterz goes by and poke out your sub facing up like that when you have ur top off.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

nice setup! i would rather not install another amp for new components, but im wondering the best way to install a new component set if i wanted to use the factory amp still. would i need to use the crossovers for just the tweeters? or do the mids have thier own crossovers built in as well.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08sahara_bc
nice setup! i would rather not install another amp for new components, but im wondering the best way to install a new component set if i wanted to use the factory amp still. would i need to use the crossovers for just the tweeters? or do the mids have thier own crossovers built in as well.
very easy just remove the wire going to the mids/bass then use then new crossovers to run into the new components.

Caution: the stock tweeters have the crossover built in
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Crossover needed?

Does anyone know if the Nitro amp has the crossover built in? I am installing some MB Quart Components and I'm not sure if I need to use the crossover for both the woofers and the tweeters or just the tweeters or none? I have the Nitro amp coming in this week and if it doesn't have a crossover for the woofers up front then I would need to use the one that came with it, but I don't want to use the MB Quart crossover if the signal has already been crossed-over. Any thoughts?

I have the factory Infinity setup and I am replacing the stock amp with the Nitro one, installing some MB Quart PVI-216's in the front and some MB Quart PVI-164's in the soundbar, and JL Audio 8W1v2-4 sub to replace the stock one. Any recommendations on installation??
Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Crossover

Originally Posted by artpics
the stock tweeters have the crossover built into them so you must use the new crossovers i use my polk components with the infinity amp sounds great
Did you use the crossover for both the woofers and the tweeters? How did you wire it? I was hoping to not cut the wires since I bought the adapters for the speaker wire. Any advice on if, when and where to hook up the crossover?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

I have the base system. Are the crossovers built into the tweeters as well?

Quick Reply: Replacing front component speakers?