Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replacing front component speakers?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing front component speakers?

hey guys just had a question about the front components in my 08 sahara. i have the infinity system and all that, i have already replaced my soundbar speakers, and just put in a new kicker 8'' sub with JL amp (which is surprisingly loud!) I wanted to buy a new component set for the front. Has anyone done this? My main question is do i need to use the crossovers that come with the set. Because i know the factory amp has a channel for each speaker, (tweeters and mids) so if i just hooked the new speakers to the factory harness would that be the best bet? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Hooking up the new speakers to the stock speaker wiring is probably the best bet for SQ. The infinity amp already has a crossover, if you were to add another on top of it it could sound muddy.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

The best thing for you to do would be to bypass the infinity amp completely and use the crossovers that came with your speakers
Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Default ......

X2 on this one. by pass the factory amp. i'd even go as far as getting a secondary amp for the mids and highs.

Originally Posted by H.I.I.K
The best thing for you to do would be to bypass the infinity amp completely and use the crossovers that came with your speakers
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah if you really want it to sound good a new amp is always a must
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

the stock tweeters have the crossover built into them so you must use the new crossovers i use my polk components with the infinity amp sounds great
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by artpics
the stock tweeters have the crossover built into them so you must use the new crossovers i use my polk components with the infinity amp sounds great
What polks do u have?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Beantownblue
What polks do u have?
these in the front but i paid $99 so look around seems the price hass increased.

these in the soundbar

since unhooking the factory sub and replacing it with a basslink the infinity amp breaths alot more the sound is load and clear.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

just get some focal kevlars they sound awesome

or you could go for the focal utopia #7 kit but they are really hard to set up right
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

I am running the Hertz energy series components and coaxs in the sound bar. I am a SQ kind of guy and these to me were the best bang for the buck. I am running those and a Hertz 10" sub with my old JL 500/5 and it can truly be overwhelming. I promise you that you can pour the power to them and the just keep getting louder with no increase in distortion. I will try to post some pics in the next day or so of the fiberglass sub enclosure and amp mount.

Quick Reply: Replacing front component speakers?