Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

replacement headlights - IPF vs delta

Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Happy with my IPF's
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Quadratec has 2 different IPF kits. One with bulbs and one without. The price is screaming different, over $100 different. I dont know how a set of bulbs could cost that much. Is one set better than the other?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97017_1603.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97017_6100.htm
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the IPF headlights and was not impressed. I personally couldn't see much difference over the stock headlights. I also had constant issues with the adapters and finally ended up sending them back (which I don't regret at all).

YMMV
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the IPF's with the bluish bulb. OK at the start, then got dimmer. Finally last week one of the bulbs blew. I replaced them with H4 GE Nighthawk Platinums and I am very happy with the result. After re-aiming, which I had not done after my lift, the results are great. The stock housings are crap, even when I put Silverstars in them.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have cash to throw at headlights, go JW Speaker.

Otherwise, go projector retrofit with FX-R projectors and any D2S HID kit.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Why not the Hellas? Edited for autocorrect.

Last edited by g3cko; 11-02-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the IPF's and have been pretty happy, the harnesses aren't an exact fit and you have to trim a bit of the harnesses to get them to snap into the OEM harness but it is a very quick and easy fix and they fit perfectly now. the beam pattern is much improved over stock, a lot more light directly in front and to the left and right, the middle distance is just a hair more light and distance they are big improvement, the biggest improvement though is the light output directly in front about the 3-5 foot area in front of the jeep. i do not care for the bulbs that came with kit, too much blue, i think when one goes i will be going with a white bulb. other than the bulb that comes with the kit, it is a straight forward install and good bang for the buck. i was thinking HID's but without an engineered projector made for the jk and a reliable HID kit without rebased bulbs it's not worth it, the rebased bulbs tend to go out and they're pricey.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos
Thanks! I'm thinking the same thing but cant find any pics or comparisons with each of the lights...I haven't seen or heard really anything about the Deltas. So I'm hoping someone will pitch in about those.

Nick
Hi again. I installed the IPF kit this morning. The install is pretty easy. The quality of the kit is very good. But you do have to trim the small piece on the adapter that locks it into the factory headlight harness. Kind of a "what the hell" detail on an otherwise nice kit. Read over the Project JK IPF install write up. The instructions in the kit leave a lot out. Now, did they do anything? Yes they did. They are a big improvement over the factory lights. The amount of light output in front of the vehicle is way better and the sides have been filled out nicely. The "blue" bulbs are okay. I'll use them for the winter before I decide to keep them or switch to a different bulb. In my opinion this kit is a good product for the price, and delivers a noticeable and worthwhile result. Now I just have to figure out what driving, spot, and reverse lights to go with... Hope this helps your decision.

Quick Reply: replacement headlights - IPF vs delta