Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

replacement headlights - IPF vs delta

Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement headlights - IPF vs delta

just wondering which on of these is better. do they use the same bulbs?

Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamp Kit

or

IPF 920H4 JK Headlights

thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

I have the IPFs on mine and I must say - I love 'em. Not too fond of the "blue" tint bulbs, but that's all that was offered with the kit back then; now you can get the white ones instead of the blue. The beam pattern is awesome and haven't had any issues with it. Can't speak for the Delta; maybe someone that's used 'em will chime in soon, but I know the IPFs got raving reviews from everyone that got them.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Default Go with the IPF's!

I have the IPF"s and I cannot ask for anything better. Living up here in Montana, there are a LOT of deer and other furry creatures running around at night and these lights have spotted them out SEVERAL times where as before with our crappy OEM lights I probably would have rolled right over them! I haven't seen any of the Delta's in person so I don't know how they run but if you go with IPF, you'll be happy thats for sure. Oh, and with the bulb color, I went with blue. Honestly they don't look blue, just a really bright white! I think I've read around somewhere that the white bulbs had a little yellow tinge to them but don't take my word for it. I may be wrong.

oh - and go with IPF's
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

go with ipf, hella, cibi'e- not in that order, stayaway from every thing else . HID are brighter but if the lens & reflector don't control the light very good all you get is the same pattern just brighter. dose that make sense, in other words lights that control the light with the lens are better then the ones that do it with the reflector, this my opinion based on 30yrs of off roading and playing with lighting options.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

get the IPFs. i have them and they are great! no complaints at all
Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the IPFs with clear bulbs, and they are a million times better than stock. Cant speak for any others.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the IPF setup (Lens, bulbs, harness) when they 1st came out...
Very disapointed !!!
Blue light but no distance
My wifes family car is twice as bright on dims than stock and or IPF' set up is on brights

Save your money !!!!

Last edited by Hugeamerican; 10-10-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I know I'm bringing back an old thread on this one but I was just wondering if any body had any more to add this this since I am looking at new headlights right now and was looking for some input on the Deltas vs. IPF. Thanks

Nick
Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set of the IPF lights on order. I'll be installing them this weekend. Everything I have read about them has been positive. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA
I have a set of the IPF lights on order. I'll be installing them this weekend. Everything I have read about them has been positive. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Thanks! I'm thinking the same thing but cant find any pics or comparisons with each of the lights...I haven't seen or heard really anything about the Deltas. So I'm hoping someone will pitch in about those.

Nick

Quick Reply: replacement headlights - IPF vs delta