Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replaced Stock Speakers

Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKPhoto
I only changed out the stock Infinity speakers with the Memphis speakers. They fit right into the factory opening. Looks stock.
What watts are the speakers? I just don't want to install the MB Quart speakers I bought if they aren't going to sound good with the factory amp. I was hoping for an improvement from the Infinity, but I wanted to keep the factory amp until I could afford (or convince the wife mostly) that we need to replace the amp. I have found an infinity reference 5 channel amp that would work great for 210 shipped, or the Alpine PDX-5 for around 350 shipped. But then you have to buy the factory harness adapter to plug in the amp for it to work and that is around $90-100.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the speakers I had put in: 15-MC6202

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...xial-speakers/
Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update, I was thinking of upgrading my speakers and your review helped!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Question Tweeter Upgrade

I have the stock factory system. The speakers in the dash and sound bar have been replaced with the Kicker Upgrades. (A very nice improvement by the way). I was amazed at how cheap the standard speakers were, so now I am looking at the tweeters and wondering if I should spend $ there.
Can anyone recommend an upgrade that will be a significant improvement without breaking the bank? Also how are the stock tweeters wired into the rest of the system? Are there crossovers or would I need to install those as well?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in on Tweeter suggestions as well. These stock tweets SUCK! I can't take the cracking much longer. My buddy has JL Audio in his but I don't want to drive 2 hrs for a tweeter upgrade. Maybe I'll make another visit to my local stereo shop that did the other upgrade....
Old 06-12-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from my local sound shop. Ordered a pair of Memphis M-Class tweeters. $100. To be installed late next week. I update....
Old 06-12-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Looking forward to your thoughts on the tweeters. I just got my Rubi the other day and these stock speakers definitely sound lifeless.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

New Memphis M-Class Tweets were installed this morning. They sound amazing. So much better than the stock Infinity tweets. $130 for the pair. Only thing left to do is change out the sub. Going to install an 8 inch sub into the factory Infinity box...

Last edited by JKPhoto; 06-19-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Crossovers

JKPhoto,the tweets look great. Are the crossovers wired just to the tweeters or are they connected to the front speakers as well?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

To the tweets only.....I was really happy how they turn out. Not to mention the sound quality. The Memphis tweets are pretty heavy compared to the stock tweets.

Quick Reply: Replaced Stock Speakers