Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

replaced the fuse but hella driving lights still wont work, ideas????

Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced the fuse but hella driving lights still wont work, ideas????

So I was simply driving with the new black majic hella driving lights and they just turned off. So i looked at the inline fuse and saw it was blown. It took quite a bit to actually get the fuse out, when it blew it basically glued itself to the fuse holder. Put a new one in and still doesnt work! Ideas?? Help? Could it need a new fuse box?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dozer311
So I was simply driving with the new black majic hella driving lights and they just turned off. So i looked at the inline fuse and saw it was blown. It took quite a bit to actually get the fuse out, when it blew it basically glued itself to the fuse holder. Put a new one in and still doesnt work! Ideas?? Help? Could it need a new fuse box?
Maybe the relay is bad..or the switch I have the same lights I had a bad switch..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Newbie

Did you wire it yourself? Proper wireless size? If too small the current will heat the wires up causing it to mealt.
Sounds like your positive wire went to ground some where.
Easiest way is check the voltage at your source, then proceed to first splice or electrical fitting till you find dead spot.
Not too hard just takes time, I personally love tracing down electrical issues, consider it a challenge.
Get yourself a test probe light, easier to use then a voltmeter at times. Make sure it's 12v, they come in different sizes, pretty cheap too. Good luck
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Figured it out. Just needed a new fuse holder thingy. The end.

Quick Reply: replaced the fuse but hella driving lights still wont work, ideas????