Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replace speakers in sound bar

Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Kickers in the front and the sound bar. The fronts sound great, but the rears are low. Don't know why..

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will these work in a 2013?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Pretty sure they will. I had the factory Infiniti system in mine...that's what I replaced. I know my buddy has the same Infiniti sub as I do. ('07 and '12) I replaced my sub as well with a Kicker: Amazon.com: Kicker 10 CVR8 2-ohm 8" CompVR Series Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Love it!!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

i started with just some alpine type r front and rear on the factory hu and was disappointed so i then added a amp to give me more adjust-abilities but still wasnt satisfied so my next move was ditching the hu adn that made a huge improvement but yet again i wanted a lil more so i made a custom down fire box for a alpine type r 8 to fit under my passenger seat and now im happy well for now lol. im not sure if your lookking to clean up the sound or just be able to ply it loud without distortion but either way if you can find the loose change laying around to drop on a hu i think its a great investment that will bring out all the potential of whatever speakers you end up with
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EsByrd
i started with just some alpine type r front and rear on the factory hu and was disappointed so i then added a amp to give me more adjust-abilities but still wasnt satisfied so my next move was ditching the hu adn that made a huge improvement but yet again i wanted a lil more so i made a custom down fire box for a alpine type r 8 to fit under my passenger seat and now im happy well for now lol. im not sure if your lookking to clean up the sound or just be able to ply it loud without distortion but either way if you can find the loose change laying around to drop on a hu i think its a great investment that will bring out all the potential of whatever speakers you end up with
Nice to hear that an 8" type r fits under there. I thought about putting a jl 8w7ae under there as well
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riptide09
Nice to hear that an 8" type r fits under there. I thought about putting a jl 8w7ae under there as well
lol thats pretty massive to try. if i can remember right i had just enough room for the type r. if you dont go with a down fire box you could squeeze another 1.25 inches but thats still not enough unless you raise the seat with washers i plan on changing my amps out and going with small footprint amps so i can mount them in the dash and add another type r so ill have one under each seat. i choose downfire is i didnt want the extra butt vibration from firing up. without building and elaborate shape box that would protrude under the seat rails i got .35 sealed which is ideal for type r, but i could get enough for a ported box with the elaborate box, after subtracting the port volume and speaker displacement i think i was at .58 which is close to optimal. my conclusion on under seat 8s for our jks is the type r and the jbl gto8, both have great sound in small areas but the type r can get louder and handle a ton of power in a sealed box. i have 7oorms on 1 type r 8 in my sealed box and it handles it well as long as you cross it over above 50hz to keep that nasty uncontrolled low note at bay
Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah i love the type r's. i had an older version that was a 12" an it hit harder than my friends 3 12's combined
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I replaced the 4 stock speakers with the kickers and the teeeters with powerBass from Quadratec. I have a 2013 sport. Unless your a audio junkie, the result was great anf goof enough for me!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the Factory Hu because I like the hands free. I had them install kickers front and in the sound bar and they added amp under the dash, but the rear speakers are still so low on volumn.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cajun JK
I like the Factory Hu because I like the hands free. I had them install kickers front and in the sound bar and they added amp under the dash, but the rear speakers are still so low on volumn.

you can still keep your hands free operation with a after market hu, plus it sounds like that just amplified your front speakers or they just dont have the amp adjusted right. i stuffed my sound bar full of stinger road kill and polyfill to reduce the baffle sound plus with the amplifier adjusted right i can hear the rears just as well as the front. my hu has a time alignment adjustment so i can control how lomg it takes before the sound from each speaker reaches my ears so the sound is seamless and you can not pin point what speaker you are hearing

Quick Reply: Replace speakers in sound bar