Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

REN mygig

Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REN mygig

I have 2012 JKU it has the RES with uconnect. I got a REN mygig. REN unit is working Except for the uconnect. Funny thing is when you push the uconnect button it says no uconnect however my phone is still connected and it shows up on the REN when I dial from my phone or I have a incoming call. The speaker and mic work fine. Any ideas how to fix so mygig uconnect button works?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So you actually went thru a pairing and paired your phone to the Uconnect? Did your vehicle have Uconnect with the RES radio?

Originally Posted by Dbar71
I have 2012 JKU it has the RES with uconnect. I got a REN mygig. REN unit is working Except for the uconnect. Funny thing is when you push the uconnect button it says no uconnect however my phone is still connected and it shows up on the REN when I dial from my phone or I have a incoming call. The speaker and mic work fine. Any ideas how to fix so mygig uconnect button works?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had initially paired it with the RES. So when I put in the REN it stayed pairdd but the buttons dont work but uconnect works when dialing from phone or incoming calls.

Quick Reply: REN mygig