Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Start Setup ?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aolec
You don't even want to go there... but if you do, spend the extra money on the proper parts so that it won't start in gear. A friend of mine was involved in one of those disaster stories..
Yea the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I should just forget the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockWraith
I also intalled a Viper 5900 with remote start. If you have an 08 the module needed for remote start is still not on the market. They can however put the chip from an extra key and hide it in the cab, that will enable the remote start feature until the module for the 08's come out.
i have a 08 , the module is out i have the 5900 with remote start i didnt have to hide a key just used the module works great ! it think it was 50 bucks for the module
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Im having mine done as we speak.
Viper 5900 with remote start and I didnt even think about leaving it in gear and it taking off.
I have the call the shop and make sure that it wont do that.

I have a habit (10 years in the making) to leave my car/Jeep in gear.

If I can't quit smoking, what makes me think I can quit leaving it in gear.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default optional accessories?

I'm currently looking at having a remote start put in my 09 Unlimited (Auto). I'm looking at the Viper 5301 with the two-way remote. Anyone know if they can program one of the auxillary channels to turn on the rear window defroster with the press of the button?

I think the specs say it has 3 or 5 auxillary channels... what other things might someone want to hook up on a jeep? The defroster is all I could think of since you have to puch that button to turn it on, can't set it before you turn it off. Then again, maybe the A/C would be the same way?

Any info is appreciated.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the heater you have to leave set as it is purely manual and cable driven for the air mix as well as the position door.. its not even vacuum where you could use valves.. and I doubt servos would have the power to move the cable system efficiently.. ive been working on a way to adapt climate control to the jeep.. but that project is snubbed since my huge christmas light show is in progress...

the A/C button itself wont do any good because you have to set the temperature dial manually..
-Christopher

Quick Reply: Remote Start Setup ?