Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Start - Honk

Old 04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start - Honk

I hate when the horn honks twice when I use the factory remote start. I noted various threads that tell you how to disable the honk when you lock or unlock the doors.....Does this also disable the honk for remote start? If not....is there a way to do this?

Thanks and Best Regards
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I disabled the honk on the door lock but my remote start still honks when starting. I would love to know how to disable. I feel bad honking my jeep at 8am.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 AM
JK Newbie

It must tell how to do it in the owners manual because I did it.....I just don't remember exactly what it said.... some combination of button pushes that includes the remote start button.....
Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Cool honk lock

How do you disable the honk for the door locking/unlocking ?
(i sound like a lazy a-s who can't pick up his new manual....)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

I stopped mine. You have to go the procedure to turn of the horn honk when you lock your doors...it will stop it for the remote start too - but you will still get the lights. To do this, press the "lock" button for 4-10 seconds. While the "lock" button is pressed (after 4 seconds), press the "Panic" button. Release both bottons. This is found on page 20 of your owners manual.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default bringing back from the dead an old thread....

ok, so i have remote start installed in my vehicle (08 unlimited rubi) and absolutely hated having the horn honk when i used the remote start as well as locking my doors. so, i went ahead and followed the directions for disabling the horn honk when locking the doors - which stopped the horn from honking both when locking the doors and using the remote start. since doing this last week, i have begun to run into problems with the remote start - sometimes it doesn't start the jeep and other times it will start the jeep but when i put my key in the ignition and turn it, it turns the jeep off completely and i have to turn the key and restart it.

anyone else run into this problem and have steps to correct it? thanks in advance for the input
Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by km5er
I hate when the horn honks twice when I use the factory remote start. I noted various threads that tell you how to disable the honk when you lock or unlock the doors.....Does this also disable the honk for remote start? If not....is there a way to do this?

Thanks and Best Regards
I disabled my unlock/HONK on day one, and my remote start has never honked. It does do a 'beep-beep' but it's definitely not coming from the horns.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Mine doesn't honk but the remote start might work 1 out of 30 tries.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I disabled the horn honk for lock/unlock and remote start the first week I got my '10 JK Sahara. No issues-- remote start works as does everything else. No issues
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Has anybody got a definitive how-to on disabling the horn honks when remote starting a 2012 Jeep JKU? I've tried the "press and hold the unlock button then press the lock button and release both at the same time" method. That didn't work, but now my remote start won't work reliably, and when it does the jeep shuts down as soon as the key is inserted. Also saw somebody listed to use the panic button.

Quick Reply: Remote Start - Honk