Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote start on 6spd YES/NO

Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcc454
Or the doors are just not on it.
I was going to write that too... but if the doors aren't on the system won't go into R/S mode.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another thing to check would be your insurance policy. I can bet with almost 100% certainty that ain't no insurance company gonna pay up on an accident caused by s remote starter on a manual transmission that was left in gear.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'd love a remote start on my 6-speed, but no way I trust the e-brake to hold the Jeep by itself on anything but a slight hill.
There are so many e-brake failure stories I wouldn't chance it.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention that you wouldnt likely be autostarting with the top down and doors off...

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I was going to write that too... but if the doors aren't on the system won't go into R/S mode.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just means you need to be selective on when you use autostart...

Glad I live in the flatlands.

Originally Posted by edwin907
I'd love a remote start on my 6-speed, but no way I trust the e-brake to hold the Jeep by itself on anything but a slight hill.
There are so many e-brake failure stories I wouldn't chance it.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you do it..just be careful and dont leave it in gear!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

i'm going to put 1 in my car but with a switch to let it be armed or not...I only need it in the winter when my car is in my driveway, so before I get out, i'm going to flip the switch so I can turn the remote start function on...leave it off most of the time or when i'm not home...not a full safe guard, but should atleast keep me safe from messing up the car most of the time...the owner just has to be good about turning it on or off
Old 04-07-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

thats some pretty interesting stuff. never knew that before. i have though with a friend of mine installed it on a 5spd and the car would not start if the shifter was in gear. so there was no jumping through the garage doors or taking someone out who just happened to be walking in front of you jeep while you were in the super market and you come outside and there is someone lying in front of your jeep and you don't know why.

i wanted to get the remote start too i think im just going to get the engine block heater, a lot cheaper too.

but if it were me i did think long and hard about it i would lean towards no. espically after reading that you can bypass it. i would not want anyone driving off with my jeep.

Quick Reply: Remote start on 6spd YES/NO